[webdriver] webdriver and Opera 11.64 on windows xp

GiuseppeC
Jan 23, 2013 at 11:13 am
Guys, help me please with Opera 11.64 on windows XP!:)

....else if(mode.equals("hub") && browser.equals("opera")){

URL HubUrl;
try {
HubUrl = new URL(seleniumHubUrl);
} catch (MalformedURLException e1) {
throw new ConfigurationException("The url for the selenium
hub is invalid");
}
DesiredCapabilities opCapabilities =
DesiredCapabilities.opera();

opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.binary","C:\\Programmi\\Opera\\Opera.exe");
opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.profile", new
OperaProfile());
opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.port", -1);
opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.logging.level", "CONFIG");
opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.logging.file",
"C:\\Documents and
Settings\\test\\Desktop\\webdriver_script\\operadriver.log");
opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.display", 8);
driver = new RemoteWebDriver(HubUrl,opCapabilities);
}....

This is the error: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: No response in a
timely fashion
Build info: version: '2.28.0', revision: '18309', time: '2012-12-11
20:21:18'
System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1',
java.version: '1.6.0_35'
Driver info: driver.version: OperaDriver
What do I wrong?

Best regards.
GC

reply

  • Prithvi Raj at Jan 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    Hello Giuseppe,

    You dont need to write this complex code for opera and you dont need a
    OperaStand alone driver. Again you missed the below line in your code:

    Try this and make sure you have Opera installed in your remote machine.

    System.out.println("Launching Opera");
    opcapabilities=DesiredCapabilities.opera();

    opcapabilities.setBrowserName(DesiredCapabilities.opera().getBrowserName());

    This should work and it worked for me in the past.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Cheers!!!

    Prithvi

    On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM, GiuseppeC
[...]

  • GiuseppeC at Jan 23, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    DesiredCapabilities opCapabilities = DesiredCapabilities.opera();
    opCapabilities.setBrowserName(DesiredCapabilities.opera().getBrowserName());
    driver = new RemoteWebDriver(HubUrl,opCapabilities);

    Same error....."No response in a timely fashion" :S

    Best regards
    GC

    On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM, GiuseppeC <giusepp...@neodatagroup.com<javascript:>
[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver?hl=en.
  • Prithvi Raj at Jan 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm
    I am assuming that you could have made this changes. But I am just going
    through over to double check if there is something wrong(finding where the
    issue is basically).

    Have you made the changes in the json file in your remote machine and add
    opera with the number of instances you want and the operating system(in
    your case it is WINDOWS) and launch the node with -nodeConfig webconfig.txt
    and see if the node is listening to your hub.

    This is the code I have used and I could launch opera into a remote Mac
    machine.

    System.out.println("Launching Opera");
    opcapabilities=DesiredCapabilities.opera();

    opcapabilities.setBrowserName(DesiredCapabilities.opera().getBrowserName());

    opcapabilities.setPlatform(org.openqa.selenium.Platform.ANY);

    The last thing you want to do is launch the opera browser manually in your
    remote machine and see if launches.

    Follow this steps and see if it works. Let me know if there is any error.
    I am also assuming that you have made the changes in the TestNG.xml file.

    Cheers

    On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM, GiuseppeC
[...]

    googlegroups.com.

    group/webdriver?hl=en <http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver?hl=en>.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver?hl=en.
  • GiuseppeC at Jan 23, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    Yes of course, I have done like ff, chrome and ie.

    GC

    On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM, GiuseppeC <giusepp...@neodatagroup.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • GiuseppeC at Jan 24, 2013 at 8:34 am
    So works..

    DesiredCapabilities opCapabilities = DesiredCapabilities.opera();
    opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.binary","C:\\Programmi\\Opera\\Opera.exe");
    opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.port", -1);
    opCapabilities.setBrowserName(DesiredCapabilities.opera().getBrowserName());
    driver = new RemoteWebDriver(HubUrl,opCapabilities);

    Raj, where do you set the binary and driver, in the hubconfig or nodeconfig?
    Maybe I wrong this, I specify all in the hub instead in each node.

    Best regards
    GC

    .
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver?hl=en.
  • Prithvi Raj at Jan 24, 2013 at 8:49 am
    Hi Giuseppe,

    I dont set the binary at all, be it for FF, Chrome, IE or Opera. If the
    browser is installed in your target machine then I dont think we would need
    the binary unless it throws an error asking for it. I send the driver.exe
    path in nodes where I want to execute.

    Did you send it via the hub? If so then please advise. All this days I used
    to send it via the Hub.

    So what was causing the problem in invoking the opera browser?

    Thanks

    Raj

    On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM, GiuseppeC
[...]

  • Prithvi Raj at Jan 24, 2013 at 8:50 am
    Correction I used to send the JVM param in node but not in the hub.
[...]

  • GiuseppeC at Jan 24, 2013 at 9:12 am
    Ah ok Raj, thanks, I have done more mistakes, infact this is my hub, with
    bin and driver....:(

    HubWebDriver:
    title HubWebDriver
    java -jar
    -Dwebdriver.chrome.bin="C:\Documents and Settings\test\Impostazioni
    locali\Dati applicazioni\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    -Dwebdriver.chrome.driver="C:\Documents and
    Settings\test\Desktop\webdriver_script\chromedriver.exe"
    -Dwebdriver.ie.bin="C:\Programmi\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    -Dwebdriver.ie.driver="C:\Documents and
    Settings\test\Desktop\webdriver_script\IEDriverServer.exe"
    selenium-server-standalone-2.28.0.jar -role hub -hubConfig hubconfig.json
    pause

    NodeWebDriver:
    title NodeWebDriver
    java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.28.0.jar -role node -nodeConfig
    nodeconfig.json
    pause

    Opera now works because I have removed from hub this:
    opCapabilities.setCapability("opera.binary","C:\\Programmi\\Opera\\Opera.exe");
    and insert in java code.

    Now I'll try at insert in each node the bin and driver.

    Best regards.

  • Prithvi Raj at Jan 24, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    I am glad it worked Giuseppe.

    Cheers!!!

    Raj

    On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM, GiuseppeC
[...]

  • GiuseppeC at Jan 28, 2013 at 8:42 am
    Hi guys.

    Opera result-failed Jenkins:
    Failed to invoke @Configuration method
    com.ndg.test.selenium.UITestcase_webdriver.closedriver:Error communicating
    with the remote browser. It may have died.

    Browsers are locked at the first request, what happens?

    Best regards.