Creating an anti-theft profile

Arash Dargahi
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:23 am
Hi all,

I'm trying to create an anti-theft system with tasker.
I haved setup tasker to turn on my mobile data , backup text messages using
SMS babkup and restore pro plugin and send them to my mail.
But I really have no idea how to delete all of my contacts and text
messages from phone.
What should I do ?

Thanks

reply

  • Brandon Horwath at Aug 27, 2013 at 2:00 pm
    I use delete directory, /storage/sdcard0/ (my device cannot support sd, hence sdcard0, with recursive checked to delete any empty directories or directories with hidden files also.

    WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THIS!!! Ask questions if you have any before attempting!

  • TomL at Aug 27, 2013 at 2:17 pm
    +1 on advice to be cautious.

    Consider that it is no one is perfect and you might do something wrong
    (write the profile wrong, run the wrong action by accident, type in your
    password wrong too many times), do you really really want to risk losing
    all your data on your phone?

    Tom
    I use delete directory, /storage/sdcard0/ (my device cannot support sd,
    hence sdcard0, with recursive checked to delete any empty directories or
    directories with hidden files also.

    WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THIS!!! Ask questions if you have any
    before attempting!
  • Arash Dargahi at Aug 28, 2013 at 9:08 am
    Well,
    I have some ideas for security.

    Is there any way to delete SMSes and contacts ?
    Consider that it is no one is perfect and you might do something wrong
    (write the profile wrong, run the wrong action by accident, type in your
    password wrong too many times), do you really really want to risk losing
    all your data on your phone?

    Tom
    I use delete directory, /storage/sdcard0/ (my device cannot support sd,
    hence sdcard0, with recursive checked to delete any empty directories or
    directories with hidden files also.

    WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THIS!!! Ask questions if you have any
    before attempting!
  • Brandon Horwath at Aug 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm
    ... only one way to find out, if you really want to know!

  • Arash Dargahi at Aug 28, 2013 at 2:59 pm
    and what is that way????

    On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Brandon Horwath