Bluetooth Auto Connect / Connect To Specific Device

Pent
Jul 2, 2012 at 6:47 am
Someone mentioned to me an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect that has
a plugin component for Tasker and allows connection to specific
devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac

I often get asked about this, so I'll leave this post sticky for a
while.

Pent

p.s. havn't tested it, hope it works :-)
reply

  • Mike Maynard at Jul 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm
    Looks great, too bad it comes up as incompatible with my phone.

    Must be an ics app
    Someone mentioned to me an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect that has
    a plugin component for Tasker and allows connection to specific
    devices.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac

    I often get asked about this, so I'll leave this post sticky for a
    while.

    Pent

    p.s. havn't tested it, hope it works :-)
  • David Watt at Jul 3, 2012 at 12:29 am
    Doesn't work. I can go to settings > Bluetooth on my phone and press the
    device name I want to connect to and it works.

    If I set up a tasker task to do this using the plugin, and then do a manual
    run of it to test it (using the play button), it doesn't try to connect.

    Looks like the app itself might not work on my phone (HTC One XL, ICS)
    Looks great, too bad it comes up as incompatible with my phone.

    Must be an ics app
    Someone mentioned to me an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect that has
    a plugin component for Tasker and allows connection to specific
    devices.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac

    I often get asked about this, so I'll leave this post sticky for a
    while.

    Pent

    p.s. havn't tested it, hope it works :-)
  • Pent at Jul 3, 2012 at 7:27 am

    If I set up a tasker task to do this using the plugin, and then do a manual
    run of it to test it (using the play button), it doesn't try to connect.
    Could you contact the developer about it ?
    Looks like the app itself might not work on my phone (HTC One XL, ICS)
    If it work without the plugin, it's more likely a problem with their
    plugin handling.

    But someone contacted me by email and said it worked. Hmm.

    Pent
  • Bauke at Jul 3, 2012 at 10:03 am
    Just installed the Bluetooth Auto Connect app. I will give it try later.
    I will report back!
  • Bauke at Jul 3, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    App is workings for Me!
  • Bmp at Jul 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm
    Unfortunately this is not compatible with my Phone.One asociated question
    What is the Bluetooth ID inside the Net option?
    Regards,
    BMP
    NeoV ->Stock GB 2.3.4
    Someone mentioned to me an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect that has
    a plugin component for Tasker and allows connection to specific
    devices.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.refluxa.android.bac

    I often get asked about this, so I'll leave this post sticky for a
    while.

    Pent

    p.s. havn't tested it, hope it works :-)
  • Pent at Jul 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm
    Unfortunately this is not compatible with my Phone.One asociated question>What is the Bluetooth ID inside the Net option?
    Look at the action help (question mark icon bottom right in action
    edit screen).

    Pent
  • Baudi at Jul 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm
    Bluetooth auto connect doesn't work on my Galaxy S3 with ICS 4.004.

    BUT, I found something that does work: A2DP Volume<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2dp.Vol>

    It doesn't have a Tasker Plugin, but it does have settings that allow you
    to specify that the A2DP output should automatically connect when, for
    example, you enter Car Mode.

    Seems to work fine for my phone, when nothing else I tried would work.

    Thanks to Ada in this thread<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/tasker/a2dp$20volume/tasker/7oRa1IUj7V4/O-hGtSdn1YQJ>for pointing the way.
  • Jim Roal at Jul 18, 2012 at 7:07 am
    I am the developer of A2DP Volume and I would be happy to integrate with
    Tasker. Just add it to my issues list here:
    http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/issues/list

    I am busy with some unrelated stuff for the next month or so but when I get
    back to working on this app I work the issues in priority so launch an
    issue to integrate with Tasker and star that issue so i can see the
    interest level.