Hi List,

I had been thinking quite a bit whether there is any way I could see
what my JavaScript code ends up as in V8.
Of course one will say that I shouldn't worry too much, but still - it
would be great to know what constructs I should use ...
well, there is 'jsperf.com', but it's not quite as useful for working with Node.

Also, one thing I have heard somewhere, is that V8 may give up
compiling some code and just interpret it instead, is this true?

What I wish to be able to is get some idea whether an implementation A
and B of one algorithm are different and what exactly make a
difference.

Perhaps what I need is a sort of static analysis tool, right?

Cheers,
--
Ilya

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

  • Mark Hahn at Mar 19, 2012 at 6:05 pm
    Benchmarking down to a low level is a losing venture. The right answer now
    may change on the next V8 release. The only thing one can really do is
    write code, profile it, and speed it up. Also there is a good chance that
    your app will be fast enough and no profiling will be needed.

    This is summed up in the old saying "Don't optimize prematurely".
[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/