Removing Shortcuts from Home Screen of Galaxy S III

Christopher Maule-Oatway
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:11 pm
Hello,

How do I remove shortcuts from the home screen on my Samsung Galaxy S
III, please?

OS is JB 4.1.2, Talkback is 3.21.

Thanks for suggestions.

Cheers,

Christopher
reply

  • S. Massy at Jan 27, 2013 at 6:06 pm

    On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 05:11:26PM +0000, Christopher Maule-Oatway wrote:
    Hello,

    How do I remove shortcuts from the home screen on my Samsung Galaxy
    S III, please?

    OS is JB 4.1.2, Talkback is 3.21.

    Thanks for suggestions.
    Long-press the icon (double-tap and hold) then drag it to the
    upper-right corner of the screen. It takes a little practice to get
    right, unfortunately. I believe you can also drag the icon to the app
    drawer, but I'm less sure of that one.
    Cheers,
    S.M.
  • Jarrod Jicha at Jan 27, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    this is why I like either nova launcher, or apex launcher, just double tap,
    and long press the icon, and double click remove. smile. simple as that.
    smile.

    --
  • Danny Mathis at Jan 28, 2013 at 1:18 am
    actually on the S3 you can hold until you feel the device vibrate
    this is why I like either nova launcher, or apex launcher, just double tap,
    and long press the icon, and double click remove. smile. simple as that.
    smile.

    How do I remove shortcuts from the home screen on my Samsung Galaxy S
    III, please?

    OS is JB 4.1.2, Talkback is 3.21.

    Thanks for suggestions.
    Long-press the icon (double-tap and hold) then drag it to the upper-right
    corner of the screen. It takes a little practice to get right,
    unfortunately. I believe you can also drag the icon to the app drawer, but
    I'm less sure of that one.
    Cheers,
    S.M.

  • Easy Talk at Jan 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    That also works with straight Jelly bean 4.2.1, double tap and hold the icon
    you want to remove, when you hear icon name long pressed then slide up to
    the center top of the screen. I have also had good success in adding icons
    to home screens.

    Robert