[cython-users] new libclang based frontend for cwrap for automatic generation of pxd files

Gregor Thalhammer
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Hi all,

to automatically generate pxd files from C headers I added another frontend to cwrap (by Chris Colbert), using libclang from the llvm-project for parsing C/C++. It is available on github:

https://github.com/geggo/cwrap

This frontend is far from being finished, but for wrapping C most of the functionality is implemented - but not yet without errors. Parsing of simple C++ class definitions is also already possible.

I am glad about any comments and advices. I have a couple of questions, I hope some of you can help me:

* What is the license of cwrap?

* I am looking for test cases (C and C++), in particular a header file and corresponding pxd. Any hints?

Thanks for your help
Gregor
reply

  • Didrik Pinte at Jan 7, 2013 at 8:51 am

    to automatically generate pxd files from C headers I added another frontend to cwrap (by Chris Colbert), using libclang from the llvm-project for parsing C/C++. It is available on github:

    https://github.com/geggo/cwrap

    This frontend is far from being finished, but for wrapping C most of the functionality is implemented - but not yet without errors. Parsing of simple C++ class definitions is also already possible.

    I am glad about any comments and advices. I have a couple of questions, I hope some of you can help me:

    * What is the license of cwrap?
    More than likely BSD.
    * I am looking for test cases (C and C++), in particular a header file and corresponding pxd. Any hints?
    I had started some very preliminar work on the very same. Will try to
    resurrect my work and see if we can merge all that into the main cwrap
    repo.

    -- Didrik
  • Gregor Thalhammer at Jan 7, 2013 at 6:18 pm

[...]

    Hi Didrik,

    it is great that you are also interested in this project. Looking forward to collaborate with you!

    Gregor

Gregor Thalhammer: 2 posts Didrik Pinte: 1 post