[ccw-users] helloworld.clj error

Thelogicman
Oct 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm
I am totally new on this.
I have downloaded and installed Clojure and eclipse following the
directions on: http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+with+Eclipse+and+Counterclockwise
Created the test Clojure project (Hello World) copying and pasting the
text: "(defn hello who (str "Hello " who " !")) (leave the (ns
helloword) call at the beginning of the file)" and saving to the file
helloworld.clj.
When running the file I am getting all these errors:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Don't
know how to create ISeq from: clojure.lang.Symbol (helloworld.clj:0)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5440)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:5857)
at clojure.lang.RT.loadResourceScript(RT.java:340)
at clojure.lang.RT.loadResourceScript(RT.java:327)
at clojure.lang.RT.loadResourceScript(RT.java:319)
at clojure.main$load_script.invoke(main.clj:220)
at clojure.main$init_opt.invoke(main.clj:226)
at clojure.main$initialize.invoke(main.clj:254)
at clojure.main$null_opt.invoke(main.clj:279)
at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:354)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:513)
at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:385)
at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:187)
at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:482)
at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Don't know how to create ISeq
from: clojure.lang.Symbol
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.sval(LazySeq.java:47)
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.seq(LazySeq.java:56)
at clojure.lang.RT.seq(RT.java:450)
at clojure.core$seq.invoke(core.clj:122)
at clojure.core$assert_valid_fdecl.invoke(core.clj:5711)
at clojure.core$sigs.invoke(core.clj:201)
at clojure.core$defn.doInvoke(core.clj:272)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:495)
at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:381)
at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:180)
at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:482)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.macroexpand1(Compiler.java:5286)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.macroexpand(Compiler.java:5341)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5409)
... 14 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Don't know how to create ISeq
from: clojure.lang.Symbol
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.sval(LazySeq.java:47)
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.seq(LazySeq.java:56)
at clojure.lang.RT.seq(RT.java:450)
at clojure.core$seq.invoke(core.clj:122)
at clojure.core$filter$fn__3714.invoke(core.clj:2130)
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.sval(LazySeq.java:42)
... 27 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Don't know how to
create ISeq from: clojure.lang.Symbol
at clojure.lang.RT.seqFrom(RT.java:471)
at clojure.lang.RT.seq(RT.java:452)
at clojure.lang.RT.first(RT.java:540)
at clojure.core$first.invoke(core.clj:53)
at clojure.core$map$fn__3695.invoke(core.clj:2096)
at clojure.lang.LazySeq.sval(LazySeq.java:42)
... 32 more

Any idea what am I doing wrong ???
Thanks

reply

  • Laurent PETIT at Oct 15, 2011 at 2:46 pm
    Hello,

    it's not your fault. Nor ccw's fault, by the way. Anyway, it's not
    really important to search a culprit :)

    I've understood what happened : the text of the "Getting Started with
    Eclipse and Counterclockwise" page has been moved from one wiki page
    to the other, and some information is interpreted differently in the
    new wiki format.

    The example on the page should have looked like :

    (defn hello [who] (str "Hello " who "!"))

    I'll correct the page's content.

    Cheers,

    -- Laurent

[...]

  • Thelogicman at Oct 15, 2011 at 5:07 pm
    Thanks. That did the trick. I thought that that was it. Anyway I have
    a lot to learn. Thanks again.