[ccw-users] CCW and Clojure1.3

Luc Prefontaine
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:31 am
Pardon my ignorance,

I want to start a 1.3 nrepl from Eclipse through ccw.
I have a mix of 1.2 and 1.3 projects. For some reason the nrepl does not pick up the 1.3
dependency. It sticks to 1.2.1.

I made sure no nrepl instance is running before starting a new one.

?!?!!?

Either I am really dumb or really tired .... I was under the impression that it was using
the project dependencies. There are not traces of clojure-1.2.1.jar in this single project.

What may I be doing wrong here ? Should I go away for a good night of sleep ?
I'm running 0.3.0.STABLE002.

blblblblbl...

--
Luc P.

reply

  • Sean Corfield at Oct 4, 2011 at 4:38 am
    How are you starting the REPL?

    I mostly have Clojure 1.3.0 projects and find that if I right-click
    the project in the Navigator and select Run As... Clojure Application
    it starts up a 1.3.0 REPL just fine.

    HTH,
    Sean

    On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Luc Prefontaine
    I want to start a 1.3 nrepl from Eclipse through ccw.
    I have a mix of 1.2 and 1.3 projects. For some reason the nrepl does not pick up the 1.3
    dependency. It sticks to 1.2.1.

    I made sure no nrepl instance is running before starting a new one.

    ?!?!!?

    Either I am really dumb or really tired .... I was under the impression that it was using
    the project dependencies. There are not traces of clojure-1.2.1.jar in this single project.

    What may I be doing wrong here ? Should I go away for a good night of sleep ?
    I'm running 0.3.0.STABLE002.

    blblblblbl...
  • Laurent PETIT at Oct 4, 2011 at 4:39 am
    Hello Luc,

    I want to start a 1.3 nrepl from Eclipse through ccw.
    I have a mix of 1.2 and 1.3 projects. For some reason the nrepl does not pick up the 1.3
    dependency. It sticks to 1.2.1.

    I made sure no nrepl instance is running before starting a new one.

    ?!?!!?

    Either I am really dumb or really tired .... I was under the impression that it was using
    the project dependencies. There are not traces of clojure-1.2.1.jar in this single project.

    What may I be doing wrong here ? Should I go away for a good night of sleep ?
    I'm running 0.3.0.STABLE002.

    blblblblbl...

    Well, maybe ...

    I mean : I just re-did a little test with 0.3.0.STABLE002. I created a
    new project, removed clojure & clojure contrib jars from the java
    build path that were installed by default in 1.2 versions. Added
    clojure-1.3.0.jar as an external dep. Started a REPL from the
    contextual menu of the project's node : Clojure 1.3 is launched ...

  • Luc Prefontaine at Oct 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm
    Ok, I 'll try to sort it out today... with a lot of caffeine :)

    On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:38:57 +0200
[...]

  • Adam Getchell at Oct 18, 2011 at 9:43 am
    HI all,

    Just checking ... I've installed Eclipse Indigo and CCW 4.0. I
    followed the directions here:

    http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+with+Eclipse+and+Counterclockwise

    The project is running clojure 1.2.

    If I copy clojure 1-3.jar into the Project directory, rename it to
    clojure.jar, then it loads Clojure 1.3.0.

    My question is, where is CCW getting it's clojure.jar file and how to
    I set it to use the newest version of Clojure?

    Thanks for any assistance,

    Adam
    Ok, I 'll try to sort it out today... with a lot of caffeine :)

    On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 06:38:57 +0200

    Laurent PETIT wrote:
    Hello Luc,
[...]

  • Laurent PETIT at Oct 18, 2011 at 7:24 pm