[Clojure] mcache 0.1.0 released

DHM
Feb 21, 2012 at 1:17 am
Hi,

I want to announce the release of mcache 0.1.0: https://github.com/davidhmartin/mcache

This provides protocol-based support for memcached and memcached-like
clients, with an implementation using spymemcached.

I coded this up in support of a web site I'm developing. I didn't find
much in the way of existing clojure-based memcached support. I assume
this is because it's easy enough to use the java apis directly, but it
seemed like there can still be a benefit to putting a wrapper around
these and adding some higher-level functionality.
This initial version provides functions for add, set, replace, get,
and incr/decr, plus a couple of additional functions supporting the
caching of data fetched from a persistent store.

I'm quite new to Clojure, so any feedback or suggestions of better
ways to do things are more than welcome.

Thanks!

-Dave

reply

  • Leonardo Borges at Feb 21, 2012 at 4:20 am
    There's this one: https://github.com/shughes/clojure-memcached

    It's two years old so definitely out of date but maybe worth forking?

    Cheers,
    Leonardo Borges
    www.leonardoborges.com

[...]

  • David Martin at Feb 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm
    I had looked at that but it wouldn't be a good candidate for forking in
    this case, because the approaches are different. Clojure-memcached talks to
    the low-level memcached api via socket connections, whereas mcache uses the
    spymemcached Java library via java interop.

    -Dave

[...]

  • Jim Crossley at Feb 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm

    DHM writes:

    I want to announce the release of mcache 0.1.0:
    https://github.com/davidhmartin/mcache
    Very nice. One thing you might consider is implementing
    core.cache/CacheProtocol [1] in terms of mcache. I've done this [2] for
    the Infinispan data grid in Immutant. It'd be great to see another
    distributed option for "pluggable memoization".

    Jim

    [1] https://github.com/clojure/core.cache
    [2] https://github.com/immutant/immutant/blob/master/modules/cache/src/main/clojure/immutant/cache.clj

  • DHM at Feb 22, 2012 at 2:01 pm

    I want to announce the release of mcache 0.1.0:
    https://github.com/davidhmartin/mcache
    Very nice. One thing you might consider is implementing
    core.cache/CacheProtocol [1] in terms of mcache. I've done this [2] for
    the Infinispan data grid in Immutant. It'd be great to see another
    distributed option for "pluggable memoization".

    Jim

    [1]https://github.com/clojure/core.cache
    [2]https://github.com/immutant/immutant/blob/master/modules/cache/src/ma...
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that.