[android-x86] No internet connection , no linux shell

Aurel Sandu
Apr 3, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Hello all of you,
I got android x86 for virtualbox from here (http://www.buildroid.org/
Download/Android-4.0.3_bd2a.ova).
After boot process I get screen locked (I can seem the current
date&time , a lock inside a circle and a message 'No internet
connection').
I read about this message on the site from I got it , it is not so
important ...
More , I want to get a linux shell (Alt+F1) but nothing happens ... I
still get that lock screen.
Any help would be appreciated,
Many thanks,
Aurel

reply

  • Tabletsx86 at Apr 3, 2012 at 5:23 pm
    New version here : http://www.buildroid.org/Download/android-x86-vm-20120307.iso.gz

    After boot process I get screen locked (I can seem the current
    date&time , a lock inside a circle and a message 'No internet
    connection').
    I read about this message on the site from I got it , it is not so
    important ...
    More , I want to get a linux shell (Alt+F1) but nothing happens ... I
    still get that lock screen.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Aurel
  • Aurel Sandu at Apr 3, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    Hi,
    I've got and this version (seems newer) . But I have read on the net
    to install grub ; when I boot the new android OS I get grub - I should
    read about what grub expects to boot android ; But my problem is to
    get an shell of android X86 to find out ip adress of it.
    Many thanks,
    Aurel
    After boot process I get screen locked (I can seem the current
    date&time , a lock inside a circle and a message 'No internet
    connection').
    I read about this message on the site from I got it , it is not so
    important ...
    More , I want to get a linux shell (Alt+F1) but nothing happens ... I
    still get that lock screen.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Aurel
  • Notandyet at Apr 4, 2012 at 5:27 am
    did you try using right ctl F1 or right ctl+alt+f1
    as virualbox tends eight side ctl for quest and left for host
    I've got and this version (seems newer) . But I have read on the net
    to install grub ; when I boot the new android OS I get grub - I should
    read about what grub expects to boot android ; But my problem is to
    get an shell of android X86 to find out ip adress of it.
    Many thanks,
    Aurel
    After boot process I get screen locked (I can seem the current
    date&time , a lock inside a circle and a message 'No internet
    connection').
    I read about this message on the site from I got it , it is not so
    important ...
    More , I want to get a linux shell (Alt+F1) but nothing happens ... I
    still get that lock screen.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Aurel
  • Daniel Fages at Apr 3, 2012 at 5:24 pm
    Hi Aurel,
    be careful as the ova file you used is not based on the android-x86 project
    ; thus it's not really the good place to ask for help...
    It would be better to ask help on the buildroid.org blog.
    Anyway, I'll try to help : Can't you use your mouse to unlock the screen ?
    Do you see the mouse cursor when you click in the VM ?

    Dan.

    After boot process I get screen locked (I can seem the current
    date&time , a lock inside a circle and a message 'No internet
    connection').
    I read about this message on the site from I got it , it is not so
    important ...
    More , I want to get a linux shell (Alt+F1) but nothing happens ... I
    still get that lock screen.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Many thanks,
    Aurel

  • Aurel Sandu at Apr 3, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    Thank you Daniel for your ideea ; I asked for help too on
    buildroid.org.
    Yes , I can see the mouse on the screen (VBox ask me to capture the
    mouse) . More than this , sometimes (I can not realize yet in what
    conditions) I boot the android OS and I can use the apps ; I used mail
    app to send some emails .
    But I want to use androidX86 on VBox as an emulator ; to develop apps
    on my windows 7 host and deploy it on androidX86 inside of VBox.
    For this I should get an shell of androidX86 OS and find out ip
    adress this OS and use adb tool .
    This is my big problem : I can not get an androidX86 shell (I should
    get it when I press Alt+F1 ...)
    Any ideeas?