[android-x86] unfortunately system ui has stopped android 4.0 tegav2/viewpad 10!

nick M.
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Hello, i have a Viewpad 10!
I downloaded from http://www.android-x86.org/download the : android-x86-4.0-RC1-tegav2.iso.
( i think tegav2 and viewpad10 use the same drivers and updates
etc...right?)

When i runed it from a usb as "run Without Instalation" eveything went
Perfect! Wi-fi was working, camera, everything was smooth!

But when i installed it to my new partition and run it, from the 1rst
second it opened, it displayed the message " unfortunately system ui has
stopped"
If i click ok, the same message appears again after 1 second.... Any ideas?

Thanks!
Something about my tablet!
(I have my viewpad 10 dual booted with Ubuntu natty and android!!!! Working
perfeclty on ubuntu and battary lasts 200% more than windows 7! )

reply

  • Chih-Wei Huang at Mar 7, 2012 at 12:38 am

    android-x86-4.0-RC1-tegav2.iso. ( i think tegav2 and viewpad10 use the same
    drivers and updates etc...right?)

    When i runed it from a usb as "run Without Instalation" eveything went
    Perfect! Wi-fi was working, camera, everything was smooth!

    But when i installed it to my new partition and run it, from the 1rst second
    it opened, it displayed the message " unfortunately system ui has stopped"
    If i click ok, the same message appears again after 1 second.... Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    Something about my tablet!
    (I have my viewpad 10 dual booted with Ubuntu natty and android!!!! Working
    perfeclty on ubuntu and battary lasts 200% more than windows 7! )
    Sounds like the hardware acceleration is not enabled.

    Did you install grub manually?
    Make sure you have the correct cmdline, especially
    this is a must-have: androidboot.hardware=tegav2

    --
    Chih-Wei
    Android-x86 project

  • nick M. at Mar 7, 2012 at 7:06 pm
    First of all thenks for the fast reply i really appriciate!

    here is my comand line in burg.cfg

    menuentry "Android-x86 4.0 (MDPI)" {
    set root=(hd0,3)
    linux /android-4.0-RC1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0
    androidboot_hardware=tegav2 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/android-4.0-RC1
    DATA= DPI=160
    initrd /android-4.0-RC1/initrd.img

    Τη Τετάρτη, 7 Μαρτίου 2012 2:38:31 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Chih-Wei Huang
    έγραψε:
[...]

  • Malcolm Ke Win at Mar 19, 2012 at 5:48 am
    I have the similar problem to nick M's.
    I have bootable (hd0,0)/grldr (grub4dos 0.4.4) in my viewpad 10, (hd0,0)
    is ntfs format,
    android x86 4.0 installed at (hd0,1)/android-4.0-RC1, (hd0,1) is ext2
    format, without installing linux grub in MBR, and (hd0,1) only contains one
    direcotry android-4.0-RC1,
    and the (hd0,0)/menu.lst:

    timeout 60
    default 0

    title Windows XP
    chainloader (hd0,0)/ntldr

    title Android X86 4.0 RC1
    root (hd0,1)
    kernel /android-4.0-RC1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0
    androidboot.hardware=Tegav2 acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/android-4.0-RC1
    initrd /android-4.0-RC1/initrd.img

    When i select Android X86 4.0 RC1 to boot, after android desktop showed,
    "unfortunately, system ui has stopped" dialog poped out.

    Finally, i found the reason "androidboot.hardware=Tegav2" should be
    "androidboot.hardware=tegav2".

    Thanks for Chih-Wei Huang and other Android x86 guys, you did a great job.
[...]

  • PABLO NUÑEZ at Jun 24, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    this is wrong, not in the file are not used burg.cfg (menuentry "), the
    right thing is (menuentry '), this description of the file shown here in
    grub.cfg, which is why it does not work.