Hi,
I'm investigating about how to use the client certificate in customize
browser in android 4.x.

In my recognition, we can not use
WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest in extended class of
WebViewClient, because ClientCertRequestHandler as argument of
onReceivedClientCertRequest is not included in structure of
android.jar of 4.x version.
(When I import "android.webkit.ClientCertRequest", error is occurred.)

Originally, isn't WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest opened to
any developers ?
In my view, it can be used in standard browser only in 4.x.

If there is information of how to use ClientCertRequestHandler, could
you tell me ?

BR,
Yuki

  • Yukinkopen at Dec 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm
    Hi,
    I'm investigating about how to use the client certificate in customize
    browser in android 4.x.

    In my recognition, we can not use
    WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest in extended class of
    WebViewClient, because ClientCertRequestHandler as argument of
    onReceivedClientCertRequest is not included in structure of
    android.jar of 4.x version.
    (When I import "android.webkit.ClientCertRequest", error is occurred.)

    Originally, isn't WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest opened to
    any developers ?
    In my view, it can be used in standard browser only in 4.x.

    If there is information of how to use ClientCertRequestHandler, could
    you tell me ?

    BR,
    Yuki

  • Brian Carlstrom at Dec 27, 2011 at 7:08 am
    ClientCertRequestHandler is not part of the public API

    -bri
    I'm investigating about how to use the client certificate in customize
    browser in android 4.x.

    In my recognition, we can not use
    WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest in extended class of
    WebViewClient, because ClientCertRequestHandler as argument of
    onReceivedClientCertRequest is not included in structure of
    android.jar of 4.x version.
    (When I import "android.webkit.ClientCertRequest", error is occurred.)

    Originally, isn't WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest opened to
    any developers ?
    In my view, it can be used in standard browser only in 4.x.

    If there is information of how to use ClientCertRequestHandler, could
    you tell me ?

    BR,
    Yuki

  • Yukinkopen at Dec 27, 2011 at 1:36 pm
    I understood that WebViewClient.onReceivedClientCertRequest is not
    public API.
    Thanks.
[...]

  • Yukinkopen at Dec 27, 2011 at 1:37 pm
[...]

  • Yukinkopen at Dec 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm