Hello,
I have just started to put together a basic face recognition system using
Android, OpenCV 2.3.4.2, and FisherFaces. I am porting Philipp Wagners very
nice example, from *
http://docs.opencv.org/trunk/modules/contrib/doc/facerec/tutorial/facerec_video_recognition.html,
* into Java. Ihave hit a problem with creating the FaceRecognizer object
model, possibly due to my lack of domain knowledge for this subject. In the
example the object is created using:

Ptr<FaceRecognizer> model = createFisherFaceRecognizer();

However the createFisherFaceRecognizer() method does not exist in OpenCV-2.4.3.2-android-sdk ... contrib/FaceRecognizer.java.

There were references to it, in comments, in the 2.3.4 version stating that it was not ported due to it returning a smart pointer.

How should I implement this functionality within Android / Java?

I have trawled through all information and code that I can find to no avail, so any information / guidance gratefully received.

Dave

groupandroid-opencv @
categoriesandroid
postedJan 9, '13 at 10:26a