Hello,
I am attempting to put together a basic Android Face Recognition system
using the FisherFaces and the FaceReconizer class in OpenCV2.4.3.2. I am
basing my efforts on the Philipp Wagner C++ example posted in
http://docs.opencv.org/trunk/modules/contrib/doc/facerec/tutorial/facerec_video_recognition.html,
porting this to Java.

The problem I have is in the creation of the FaceRecognizer object the C++
code line:

Ptr<FaceRecognizer> model = createFisherFaceRecognizer();

The createFisherFaceRecognizer() method does not exist within the contrib/FaceRecognizer.java class, or anywhere else that I can find.
In the OpenCV2.4.3 version of contrib/FaceRecognizer.java there were references to createFisherFaceRecognizer() with comments that it was unsupported, I guess because of the smart pointer return type.

At this point my lack of domain knowledge takes over .. does anyone know how the code should be written without access to the createFisherFaceRecognizer() method or am I missing something.

Thanks

Dave

groupandroid-opencv @
categoriesandroid