I wonder if anybody please could help me test an app that I made?
I have made an Android app to a school here in sweden and one guy says
that its not working.

The guy has a Google Galaxy Nexus with OS 4.0.2, but it would be good
to get tests from other phones too!
I have tested it in the Eclipse Emulator with OS 2.2, 2.3 and the
latest 4.0.3, I have also tested it on my Samsung Galaxy 9001 with OS
2.3.3 and on my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy 9000 with OS 2.2 and it is
working as is should, no faults!
The only thing that doesnt work is saving a localStorage value in 2.2,
and therefor I have released it with OS 2.3.7.

I think it is something wrong with his phone and not the app!?
Off course I could be wrong, but its strange that it work for me and
not for him!
You find the app here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.manmade.se
or you will find the apk file here: http://www.manmade.se/iphone/sam/sam1.4.apk

To test the shedule in the app, do this:
1. In the menu click "Schema".
2. Click on the button at the top right corner "Persnr"
3. Write 19951003-5489 in the text field and click "Spara".
This saves the personal number to a localStorage, and only has to be
done ones.
4. Return to the menu and start the "Schema" page again.
5. Click the link "Mitt Schema".
Now you should see a shedule!

1. Doesnt all phones that is running the Android OS work the same
way?
2. Could you please also test the other pages in the app and see if
you see anything strange?
3. Could you please write down the phone you are testing it on and
also what version of OS it is.
Thanks a lot for your time and help.

  • Sony Antony at Feb 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm
    Hi,

    What is the error that is showing?

    Sony Antony.
[...]

  • Manmade at Feb 12, 2012 at 1:55 pm
    Hi Sony and thanks for testing.
    Where do you mean?
    If you mean the alert that says "Personnummer sparat" when you click on the Spara button, then its no problem, its just a confirmation that the number that you wrote is saved to the phone(to the localStorage).
    Regards
    Claes
[...]

  • Sony Antony at Feb 12, 2012 at 2:07 pm
    Hi Claes,

    The initial bitmap loaded successfully. Then the following error:

    Application Error The connection to the server was unsuccessful.
    (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)

    When I clicked OK, it exited to the android menu.

    May be some language problem :)

    Sony Antony.
    +919388700531
[...]

  • Manmade at Feb 12, 2012 at 2:37 pm
    But that is the phongap code that say that it should start the index file, thats nothing I have changed, its in the src...activity.java file.
    I dont get that alert at all here in sweden?
    I got no idea why this is happening?

[...]

  • Manmade at Feb 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm
    Ok, I found that it is due to slow loading, I found this solution:

    "The problem is likely due to the speed of the emulator so the network
    is too slow complete the communication in a timely fashion.
    Set a 60 second timeout in PhoneGap by adding the following property
    to src/com/phonegap/xxx.java:
    super.setIntegerProperty("loadUrlTimeoutValue", 60000); "

    So one problem less :-)

[...]

  • Manmade at Feb 13, 2012 at 6:40 pm
    If anybody has a Google Galaxy Nexus with OS 4.0.2 and would like to
    test the app I really appreciate it!
    If you get the"Application Error The connection to the server was
    unsuccessful.
    (file:///android_asset/www/index.html) " error - just ignore it, I
    have fixed it in the real version.
    Thanks!

  • C beck at Feb 13, 2012 at 9:53 pm