[android-developers] Problems simulating multi-touch on emulator

SChaser
Jan 7, 2013 at 3:32 am
I'm trying to simulate multi-touch on the emulator, but am unable to set
the hardware option on the AVD manager to multi-touch. Instructions which
seem to be out of date imply that this can be done in eclipse when setting
up (or editing) an AVD. I have the latest version of the SDK and ADT
plug-in, and no such option exists. Other comments suggest setting the
option in the AVD's config.ini, but nowhere have I seen what the option
format is - it will be hw.????=true, but what is the ????

Any help?

ADT: Android Development Tools 21.0.0.v201210310015-519525
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.feature.group
SDK:

reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • SChaser at Jan 7, 2013 at 3:37 am
    I'm trying to simulate multi-touch on the emulator, but am unable to set
    the hardware option on the AVD manager to multi-touch.

    Instructions which seem to be out of date imply that this can be done in
    eclipse when setting up (or editing) an AVD. I have the latest version of
    the SDK and ADT plug-in, and no such option exists.

    Other comments suggest setting the option in the AVD's config.ini, but
    nowhere have I seen what the option format is - it will be hw.????=true,
    but what is the format of ????

    Thanks

    ADT: Android Development Tools 21.0.0.v201210310015-519525
    com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.
    feature.group
    SDK Tools:21.0.1
    Android SDK Platform Tools: 16.0.1