[android-developers] How to use apache thrift with android????

Adroidanky
Aug 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm
[2012-08-08 18:07:21 - ThriftExample] Dx 1 error; aborting
[2012-08-08 18:07:21 - ThriftExample] Conversion to Dalvik format failed
with error 1
[2012-08-08 18:16:13 - ThriftExample] Dx warning: Ignoring InnerClasses
attribute for an anonymous inner class
(org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.ControlPanel$1) that doesn't come with an
associated EnclosingMethod attribute. This class was probably produced by a
compiler that did not target the modern .class file format. The recommended
solution is to recompile the class from source, using an up-to-date compiler
and without specifying any "-target" type options. The consequence of
ignoring
this warning is that reflective operations on this class will incorrectly
indicate that it is *not* an inner class.

getting this error when i run my android app using thrift.....plz hepl

reply

  • Guilherme Ramos at Aug 9, 2012 at 2:34 am
    This is not about Thrift.
    This error occurs because you are including on your android app classpath a
    class compiled with a JVM version not compatible with Dalvik.
    Make you all your libraries are compatible.

[...]

  • Adroidanky at Aug 9, 2012 at 8:13 am
    thanks for help Guilherme,

    Actually m using the libthrift.jar,log4j.jar,slf4j-api.jar in my project..
    when I run my java client with these libraries it works fine but not in
    android...
    can u please give me some tutorials how to use android with apache thrift
    or sample application i really need it...
    plz help me....

  • Riderj at Aug 9, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    It looks like the log4j library is causing the issue. There is an Android
    version of the SLF4J library that you could try. (
    http://www.slf4j.org/android/) If the problem still occurs, you'll need to
    compile the Thrift jar from source. I've found that Java 1.6 works the
    best for this when I've had to do this with other jars.

  • Adroidanky at Aug 11, 2012 at 5:22 am
    thanks riderj..the application is error free now but client is not
    communicating with server the client code is attached plz if u give a
    simple android client code which can communicate with thrift enabled
    server....plzzzz help me to get overcome this problem..