[android-developers] changing text color, font for datePicker widget

Sweta
Aug 7, 2012 at 11:13 am
Hi,

Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
widget.

Thanks

reply

  • Mulsaniya Bhadresh at Aug 7, 2012 at 11:08 am
    u use custom datePicker library?
    Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
    widget.

    Thanks

  • Basva Raj at Aug 7, 2012 at 11:11 am
    You can do like this,

    DatePicker picker;
    ViewGroup childpicker;

    childpicker = (ViewGroup)
    findViewById(Resources.getSystem().getIdentifier("month" /*rest is:
    day, year*/, "id", "android"));

    EditText textview = (EditText)
    picker.findViewById(Resources.getSystem().getIdentifier("timepicker_input",
    "id", "android"));

    textview.setTextColor(Color.GREEN);

    or else create on style ,call it for layout background ..
    like this

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

    parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.NoActionBar">
    <item name="android:editTextStyle">@style/Widget.EditText.Black</item>

    <item name="android:textColor">@color/black</item>

    </resources>

    Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
    widget.

    Thanks

  • Sweta at Aug 7, 2012 at 11:25 am
    tried setting below theme for activity in manifest but font color is not
    changing.
    Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
    widget.

    Thanks
  • Basva Raj at Aug 7, 2012 at 11:27 am
    Define some colors in values and try to call those instead of putting
    directly...
    tried setting below theme for activity in manifest but font color is not
    changing.

    Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
    widget.

    Thanks
  • Sweta at Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 am
    Tried setting colors in values but not reflecting in the datepicker layout
    tried setting below theme for activity in manifest but font color is not
    changing.
    Kindly let me know how to change color, font size of text for datepicker
    widget.

    Thanks
  • Basva Raj at Aug 7, 2012 at 12:01 pm
    *Customizing Widgets Using CSS*