[android-developers] play youtube video in webview using iframe?

Hitendrasinh Gohil
Jul 4, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Hi,

I am trying to play youtube video in webview by following embed code. Video
thumbnail is shown but when i click on that nothing is played.

<iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385"
src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/*VIDEO_ID*" frameborder="0">
</iframe>

I have tested it with samsung galaxy tab(3.2) which has a flash support.
can anybody tell me what could be problem?

reply

  • Hitendrasinh Gohil at Jul 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm
    any help,pls?
    I am trying to play youtube video in webview by following embed code.
    Video thumbnail is shown but when i click on that nothing is played.

    <iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385"
    src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/*VIDEO_ID*" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>

    I have tested it with samsung galaxy tab(3.2) which has a flash support.
    can anybody tell me what could be problem?

    regards,
    Hitendrasinh Gohil

  • Arun kumar at Jul 4, 2012 at 1:52 pm
    set internet permission in android.manifest file
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Hitendrasinh Gohil <
    I am trying to play youtube video in webview by following embed code.
    Video thumbnail is shown but when i click on that nothing is played.

    <iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385"
    src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/*VIDEO_ID*" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>

    I have tested it with samsung galaxy tab(3.2) which has a flash support.
    can anybody tell me what could be problem?

    regards,
    Hitendrasinh Gohil

    WITH REGARDS
    ARUN KUMAR P D
    +91-9994794759

  • Hitendrasinh Gohil at Jul 4, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    Dear arun,

    Without internet connection it is not possible to see even thumbnail for
    video.
[...]

  • Arun kumar at Jul 4, 2012 at 2:05 pm
    Hai please add these lines and Have you tried including the class and type?
    class="youtube-player" type="text/html" in your embed code?
    mWebView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
    mWebView.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true);
[...]

  • Arun kumar at Jul 4, 2012 at 2:08 pm
    Change it with object tag. I mean, you must use object instead iframe. An
    example here:

    <object width="480" height="330"><param name="movie"
    value="http://www.youtube.com/v/"here is your video
    id"?version=3&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;rel=0">
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/"here is your video
    id"?version=3&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;rel=0"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="330"
    allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" /></object>
    Use the code below:

    webview.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true);
    webview.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
    webview.getSettings().setAllowFileAccess(true);
    webview.loadUrl(url);
    Try this and if your problem solved :)

    --
    WITH REGARDS
    ARUN KUMAR P D

  • Hitendrasinh Gohil at Jul 4, 2012 at 2:32 pm
    thanks arun,it's working!!!
[...]

  • Kankatala Venkatesh at Nov 6, 2012 at 1:32 pm

    Change it with object tag. I mean, you must use object instead iframe. An
    example here:

    <object width="480" height="330"><param name="movie"
    value="http://www.youtube.com/v/"here is your video
    id"?version=3&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;rel=0">
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/"here is your video
    id"?version=3&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;rel=0"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="330"
    allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" /></object>
    Use the code below:

    webview.getSettings().setPluginsEnabled(true);
    webview.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
    webview.getSettings().setAllowFileAccess(true);
    webview.loadUrl(url);
    Try this and if your problem solved :)

    its working but largre video. how change the height and width plz rly me
    thank u arun.

  • Swapnil Deshmukh at Nov 8, 2012 at 10:01 am
    Hi friends,
    I have implemented the same and its working.But just want to know how to
    control(play /pause adding custom buttons) video playing in webview

    On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM, arun kumar <hariar...@gmail.com<javascript:>

    On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Hitendrasinh Gohil <hitendr...@gmail.com<javascript:>

    On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM, arun kumar <hariar...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Vijay at Apr 23, 2013 at 8:48 am
    Hi All,

    I also used the method provided by Mr Arun but the issue here was if we
    click the video to play it opens with youtube app not inside the andriod
    app I am built?

    Any suggestions how to show the video inside the webview itself?

    Highly appreciated some one can help me on this.

    Regards,
    Vijay
    I am trying to play youtube video in webview by following embed code.
    Video thumbnail is shown but when i click on that nothing is played.

    <iframe class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="385"
    src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/*VIDEO_ID*" frameborder="0">
    </iframe>

    I have tested it with samsung galaxy tab(3.2) which has a flash support.
    can anybody tell me what could be problem?
    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
  • Vijay at Apr 23, 2013 at 8:49 am