[android-developers] Im trying to unlock boot loader on xperia play need help!

Quibriya Gulam
Dec 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm
I'm following the Sony Ericsson (SE) website to unlock the boot
loader. but it doesn't seem to work.
"On your computer, you will be asked for drivers. Point to the
usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and
select the Android Boot loader Interface-file."
Nothing comes up absolutely nothing. (What is the Android Boot loader
Interface-file and where do i find it?)
And the drivers I've downloaded from SE website, what do I do with
them?

When i do put in the "fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock
0x*************..." it says;
<waiting for device>

Any help you guys

reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Danny.Zubiate at Dec 16, 2011 at 10:09 pm
    The "Android Boot loader Interface-file" is the "android_winusb.inf"
    that you should have unzipped in step 9. As mentioned in step 10, you
    need to place it in the correct location within your Android SDK
    directory that you downloaded and set up in step 8. In step 13 (the
    one you quoted) you must browse to the location in the Android SDK
    directory where you replaced the "android_winusb.inf" with the
    unzipped version from the SE website and select it.

    Unlocking the boot loader is for advanced users only. This is not
    recommended for general consumers. Some secure items and functions
    that come loaded on the device will be removed and/or cease to work
    when you unlock the boot loader. Unlocking the boot loader will void
    your warranty. Please reread the entire warnings section on the
    "Unlocking the boot loader" page before proceeding.

    Danny Zubiate
    Developer Support Engineer
    Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications