[android-developers] Library Projects with Resources to Jar using r14

Drasticp
Oct 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm
When I saw the update notes for r14 regarding library projects, I was
ecstatic. It's a dream come true to be able to export a library
project as a JAR file! From the latest release notes, it looks like
things are coming along, however it appears that resources are still
not bundled in the new Jar files created in Eclipse.

In the Android Developers Blog, Xavier Ducrohet wrote:
"This solves the implementation fragility in Eclipse and will allow us
to, later, enable distribution of libraries as a single jar file."

Does anyone know what parts are still missing? Is there any way to
hack the resources in? With the new resource indexes in R14 it seems
there might be a manual way to get it done now.

reply

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Joebowbeer at Nov 9, 2011 at 3:29 am
    I'm also wondering about this. What is temporary about the jar that
    is currently created by the r15 tools? Are there any snags involved
    in just zipping the bin folder of the lib project and distributing
    that?

    http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/10/changes-to-library-projects-in-android.html