[Drupal] [translations] How to merge translations for a non-KDE project

Augustin
Dec 27, 2007 at 6:28 am
Hello,

I am trying to use kbabel to translate Drupal modules (drupal.org).

I've been searching for a couple of days, but I still don't quite get
the workflow and the setups required in order to import an old
translation into a new one each time the .pot file is updated.

http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/phb/translation.html
here is part of the answer but it assumes we are translating a KDE
project.

I have been reading the kbabel handbook, but like most KDE handbooks,
it describes what is obvious but does not explain what is not.
If it can help, I can file a bug report at bugs.kde.org.

Here are my notes so far:

The workflow is unclear. I was looking for 'import translation' but
couldn't find anything useful.

There is the concept of PO compendium, which is unclear. The default
are set for KDE translations.

help:/kbabel/compendium.html is not very clear. It doesn't say
anything about creating your own compendium.

help:/kbabel/dictionaries.html doesn't say how to create a new
translation database.

Here is what I have:
an new, empty fr.po (copy of updated .pot file)
an old, partially translated fr-old.po
What I was trying to do at first was open fr.po with kbabel and
'import' the old .po file into it... but apparently that's not the
way to do it.

Part of the procedure is explained in the link above, but I am still
missing some important steps.

Blessings,

--
Augustin
http://minguo.info/ better election methods

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Augustin at Dec 31, 2007 at 8:21 am
    Hello Nick,

    Thank you for your reply: it was very useful.