Hi all,

Wondering if anyone here has deeper knowledge on the Openstack CPI for BOSH.

it looks like a small part of the CPI was planning to support multiple
NIC's (either that or it's left over from basing the OpenStack CPI off the
VSphere one?)

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/f41902c05341f55b7728a3a8e4910e6e4b1b7071/bosh_openstack_cpi/lib/cloud/openstack/network_configurator.rb#L116

We are hitting an issue where we want to bridge connections into our PaaS
environment through dual homed proxies.

If anyone with Openstack CPI knowledge could give me an indicator as to the
complexity of these changes it would be appreciated, i'm trying to
prioritise the work vs our other requirements.

Regards,
Matt

  • Ferran Rodenas at Jan 21, 2014 at 5:49 am
    IIRC the CPI was never planned to support multi-NICs. If you really want >1
    nic x vm, modifying the CPI is easy (it's just supporting >1 network of the
    same type or only 1 network type with multiple net_ids), the complex task
    is modifying the BOSH
    agent<https://github.com/cloudfoundry/bosh/blob/master/bosh_agent/lib/bosh_agent/platform/linux/network.rb#L15>,
    as it assumes there's only 1 network interface.

    - Ferdy

    email to vcap-dev+unsubscribe@cloudfoundry.org.