We published our roadmap on our 'beta' documentation site.

http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html

This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
'just because.'

Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

Matt

Search Discussions

  • Dr Nic Williams at Feb 7, 2013 at 9:13 pm
    Thanks Matt & others for sharing the planned future!

    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
[...]

  • Alvaro Videla at Feb 7, 2013 at 9:46 pm
    Congrats

[...]

  • Mike Heath at Feb 7, 2013 at 10:01 pm
    The Team Edition Web Portal says that it's an "Enterprise Offering". What
    does that mean by "Enterprise Offering?" Does mean it's something that's
    going to be for enterprises to use on cloudfoundry.com or is that something
    that private deploys of CF will be able to buy or will it be part of the
    open source offering?

    -Mike
    We published our roadmap on our 'beta' documentation site.

    http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html

    This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
    knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
    living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
    they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
    worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
    work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
    on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
    'just because.'

    Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

    Matt
  • James Bayer at Feb 8, 2013 at 1:57 am
    It is initially being designed for cloudfoundry.com and will contain some proprietary information that is only for our billing system and not appropriate for open source.

    We would also like to use the web portal with private installations, but that is likely to be held back only for customers that sign up for a commercial subscription offering. We have nothing more to announce or say about that at this time, it's all TBD.

    Thank you,

    James Bayer

[...]

  • Shair khan at Feb 8, 2013 at 2:13 am
    Thanks James for your reply.

    However, I do not understand your comment "We would also like to use the
    web portal with private installation". Will this be part of
    cloudfoundry.com?

    On Feb 7, 2013, at 2:01 PM, Mike Heath <elc...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
[...]

  • Dr Nic Williams at Feb 8, 2013 at 2:28 am
    I think he means the wonderful world of customers who run CF on their own
    hardware/cloud accounts.

    http://cloudfoundry.github.**com/docs/roadmap.html<http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html>

    This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
    knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
    living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
    they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
    worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
    work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
    on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
    'just because.'

    Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

    Matt
    --
    Dr Nic Williams
    http://drnicwilliams.com
    http://starkandwayne.com
    cell +1 (415) 860-2185
    twitter @drnic
  • James Bayer at Feb 8, 2013 at 3:02 am
    Yes Nic.

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

  • Brian McClain at Feb 8, 2013 at 2:10 pm
    This is awesome, guys! I'm getting giddy just looking at this list :)

    - Brian
    @BrianMMcClain

    We published our roadmap on our 'beta' documentation site.

    http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html

    This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
    knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
    living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
    they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
    worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
    work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
    on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
    'just because.'

    Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

    Matt
  • Andy Piper at Feb 8, 2013 at 7:58 pm
    This is awesome news, and a great step in collaborating more with our
    community. Thanks for pushing this out there.

    We published our roadmap on our 'beta' documentation site.

    http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html

    This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
    knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
    living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
    they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
    worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
    work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
    on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
    'just because.'

    Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

    Matt
  • Egle at Feb 10, 2013 at 10:10 pm
    Thank you for sharing this. I have a question about enterprise offering-
    can you share more what that is going to look like? Also, does it mean that
    cloudfoundry.com is not going to be in beta anymore?

    Thank you!

    -Egle
    We published our roadmap on our 'beta' documentation site.

    http://cloudfoundry.github.com/docs/roadmap.html

    This is a milestone for two reasons. It is the first time (to this PM's
    knowledge) we have committed to sharing a public roadmap in the form of a
    living / breathing document. It also gives our entire team a signal that
    they can openly discuss and embrace change with our community without
    worrying about speaking out of turn. We want to encourage communication,
    work in the sunlight, and blur the distinction between people paid to work
    on Cloud Foundry, people paid to implement it, and people who are involved
    'just because.'

    Bring on the questions and thanks so much.

    Matt
  • Matt Reider at Feb 11, 2013 at 4:16 am
    It will look pretty, but the aesthetics aren't very important. What's important is that there will be interfaces for managing organizations, applications, users, roles, and such.

    And yes, CF.com will be out of beta - either in conjunction with its shiny new interface, or shortly thereafter.

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

  • Egle at Feb 11, 2013 at 5:01 am
    Thanks, I was indeed not asking about the aesthetics :). Do you have
    any definite time lines for going out of beta? I guess the answer is no,
    but I can ask, right? :D

    On Feb 10, 2013, at 2:10 PM, Egle <anyst...@gmail.com <javascript:>>