[CentOS] openscad available?

Mark LaPierre
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm
Does anyone know if there is a repo that has openscad for CentOS?

rpmfind.net doesn't turn up anything.

The openscad wiki page says, "As of 2013, prebuilt OpenSCAD packages are
available on many recent Linux and BSD distributions, including Debian,
Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, and NetBSD. Check your system's package manager
for details." I though that maybe CentOS might have one too.

I'll try building it from source if not, but I've seldom had success
with that course of action. Most times the build fails for missing
dependencies which just are not available for CentOS, or it fails to
find them even when they are installed.

--
_
?v?

Search Discussions

1 response

  • Nathan Duehr at Jan 21, 2013 at 9:15 pm
    Does anyone know if there is a repo that has openscad for CentOS?

    rpmfind.net doesn't turn up anything.

    The openscad wiki page says, "As of 2013, prebuilt OpenSCAD packages are
    available on many recent Linux and BSD distributions, including Debian,
    Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, and NetBSD. Check your system's package manager
    for details." I though that maybe CentOS might have one too.

    I'll try building it from source if not, but I've seldom had success
    with that course of action. Most times the build fails for missing
    dependencies which just are not available for CentOS, or it fails to
    find them even when they are installed.

    Mark,

    There's been a bunch of talk about this package on the Spacewalk list lately... I forget if they've packaged it or were just supporting it. Might check there.

    Nate

Mark LaPierre: 1 post Nathan Duehr: 1 post