[CentOS] Need the CentOS 4.3 i386 ISO

Digimer
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Hi all,

I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle: digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin: http://nodeassassin.org
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."
reply

  • Robert Heller at Jul 5, 2011 at 5:34 pm

    At Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:51:15 -0400 CentOS mailing list wrote:
    Hi all,

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)
    I have a set of 4.3 *CDs* I bought way back when from Cheapbytes. Will
    this do?

    Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com
    /\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments
  • Digimer at Jul 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)
    I have a set of 4.3 *CDs* I bought way back when from Cheapbytes. Will
    this do?
    The CD ISOs are available on the archive, I do believe. I had hoped to
    avoid merging the CDs into a http-accessible directory and merging the
    repos, if I can avoid it. I'll be installing as a Xen domU, so having a
    single ISO also makes it easier to just boot off of the one image,
    rather than needing to swap out mounted ISOs.

    Very kind of you to offer though! :)

    --
    Digimer
    E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
    Freenode handle: digimer
    Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
    Node Assassin: http://nodeassassin.org
    "I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."
  • John R Pierce at Jul 5, 2011 at 5:48 pm

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)

    why not 4.latest?

    4.8 is here both as a download and a torrent
    ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/pub/centos/4/isos/i386/

    --
    john r pierce N 37, W 122
    santa cruz ca mid-left coast

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)

    why not 4.latest?

    4.8 is here both as a download and a torrent
    ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/pub/centos/4/isos/i386/
    It's a very heavily modified, and quite old, machine. We're going to
    move away from it to a modern release, but until then, we don't want to
    risk breaking anything. For this reason, we want to stick to the 4.3
    install on the current server.

    --
    Digimer
    E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
    Freenode handle: digimer
    Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
    Node Assassin: http://nodeassassin.org
    "I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."
  • Andre Robatino at Jul 6, 2011 at 3:01 am

    Digimer <linux at ...> writes:

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)
    I notice that the vault seems to consistently provide only CDs but not the DVD.
    Since the delta isos going from the DVD to the CDs are of negligible size (for
    example see the 13-Final/ and 14-Final/ subdirectories of
    http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/deltaisos/ ), it would probably be
    better to do it the other way around (DVD + DVD->CD disos). The only downside
    would be for people who only need a subset of the CDs having to use more
    bandwidth to get them, but most people nowadays probably prefer the DVD anyway
    (cheap DVD drives, virtual installs).
  • Fred smith at Jul 6, 2011 at 9:00 am

    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)
    have you looked at vault.centos.org?

    http://vault.centos.org/4.3/isos/i386/

    While we were still sinners,
    Christ died for us.
  • Nicolas Thierry-Mieg at Jul 6, 2011 at 9:05 am

    fred smith wrote:
    I'm trying to rebuild a pretty old server. For this, I need a copy of
    the CentOS 4.3 i386 DVD ISO, ideally. The torrent on the CentOS vault is
    not working... Does anyone have a copy of:

    CentOS-4.3-i386-binDVD.iso (md5sum: ca5ccf17951f4b4ef0460c7847e0f2ac)

    Kicking around? I'd be much obliged if I could get a copy. :)
    have you looked at vault.centos.org?

    http://vault.centos.org/4.3/isos/i386/
    well yeah, the OP mentions looking in the vault and indeed the DVD iso
    is not there, only the DVD torrent (and CD isos).
  • Tom Brown at Jul 6, 2011 at 9:10 am

    well yeah, the OP mentions looking in the vault and indeed the DVD iso
    is not there, only the DVD torrent (and CD isos).
    Then just grab the CD iso's and make them into a DVD iso no ?

    http://mirror.centos.org/centos/build/mkdvdiso.sh

    or am i missing something
  • Les Mikesell at Jul 6, 2011 at 9:54 am