[CentOS] HOW to REDIRECT to HTTPS?

Erikmccaskey64
Mar 3, 2011 at 8:04 am
I'm searching for a method [on client side] to redirect to HTTPS in a few given domains.

e.g.:

http://www.facebook.com/

https://www.facebook.com/

Ok. I use several webbrowsers, and not all of them has "add-ons" to redirect these pages to https.

My purpose is this: when i go to "http://www.facebook.com" i don't want to see any http traffic with wireshark

Is this possible?? How can i achieve it? How can i automatically redirect http traffic for given domain names to HTTPS??

is it enough to redirect http? I mean then the webserver [e.g.: www.facebook.com] recognizes that i want to "talk" over HTTPS?

I has a caching-nameserver on my pc - BIND

I have an "ad blocking" proxy on my pc - PRIVOXY

And my pc is a "linux box" - IPTABLES [iptables only knows ip addresses?]
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
reply

  • Andreas Reschke at Mar 3, 2011 at 8:54 am

    I'm using for this examples a firefox plugin "https-everywhere" (
    https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/)

    Gru?
    Andreas Reschke
    Unix/Linux-Administration