I thought I'd be clever and buy a DVD for 5.2 from LinuxOnline.biz.
Well, just got around to trying it with the above results. Does the
error mean I have a 'bad' DVD disk image? Please advise. Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Lanny Marcus at Aug 2, 2008 at 10:35 pm

    I thought I'd be clever and buy a DVD for 5.2 from LinuxOnline.biz.
    Well, just got around to trying it with the above results. Does the
    error mean I have a 'bad' DVD disk image? Please advise. Thanks.
    Boot from the DVD and at the boot prompt, type "linux mediacheck" (without
    the quote marks).
    That will check the DVD, to see if it checks out OK. That said, a few days
    ago, I installed from a
    DVD that did not pass "linux mediacheck" and that box is running OK. YMMV.
    HTH