[CentOS] SNMP and MIB

Centos
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:19 pm
Hello

We have Dell servers and need to monitor them through SNMP.
but need to install or insert Dell MIBs to our Centos.
is copying MIBs are enough ?

has any one is using Dell OpenManage on Centos ?

Thanks
reply

  • Flaherty, Patrick at Oct 19, 2007 at 4:00 pm

    We have Dell servers and need to monitor them through SNMP.
    but need to install or insert Dell MIBs to our Centos.
    is copying MIBs are enough ?
    I haven't worked with the Dell mibs besides walking them when I was
    first playing with OMSA
    has any one is using Dell OpenManage on Centos ?
    I use OMSA on all our Dell hardware and query it with a nagios plugin I
    got from either my groundworks install or from nagiosexchange.org

    Last week I started playing with the Dell software repoisitories. They
    are pretty fantastic.
    http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository/hardware
  • Jeff Larsen at Oct 19, 2007 at 4:21 pm