[CentOS] Yum Update issues

William Warren
Jul 7, 2005 at 10:42 am
I get this when i try to yum update:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from update: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.

I have done yum clean all with no joy. I have two servers with
CentOS-4.1 and both are exhibiting htis issue. I have not made
any changes to my yum configuration. Here is my Yum
configuration. First /etc/yum.repo.d/CentOS-Base.repo

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

#released updates
[update]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

#packages used/produced in the build but not released
[addons]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Addons
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0

#contrib - packages by Centos Users
[contrib]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Contrib
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/contrib/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0

#packages in testing
[testing]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Testing
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/testing/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0

Now is my yum.conf:
[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines:
206822
256638
276825
http://counter.li.org/
reply

  • Karanbir Singh at Jul 7, 2005 at 10:51 am

    William Warren wrote:
    I get this when i try to yum update:
    http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from update: [Errno 256] No more
    mirrors to try.
    I'll check the mirrors manually in a few minutes, but dont see this
    problem on any of my machines.

    Are you behind a proxy ? if so - maybe switch to an ftp mirror.
    Now is my yum.conf:
    [dag]
    nameÚg RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
    baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
    gpgcheck=1
    enabled=1
    Surely, thats not all you have in the yum.conf - where is your [main]
    section?

    This is what it _could_ look like ( customise to suit your own setup )

    ---------
    [main]
    cachedir=/var/cache/yum
    debuglevel=2
    logfile=/var/log/yum.log
    pkgpolicy=newest
    distroverpkgÎntos-release
    tolerant=1
    exactarch=1
    retries
    obsoletes=1
    gpgcheck=1

    -------------

    --
    Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/
    GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc
    I have not made any changes to my yum configuration. Here is my
    Yum configuration. First /etc/yum.repo.d/CentOS-Base.repo

    [base]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Base
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1

    #released updates
    [update]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Updates
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1

    #packages used/produced in the build but not released
    [addons]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Addons
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1

    #additional packages that may be useful
    [extras]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Extras
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1

    #additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
    [centosplus]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Plus
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1
    enabled=0

    #contrib - packages by Centos Users
    [contrib]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Contrib
    baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/contrib/$basearch/
    gpgcheck=1
    enabled=0

    #packages in testing
    [testing]
    nameÎntOS-$releasever - Testing

    Karanbir Singh wrote:
    William Warren wrote:
[...]

  • William Warren at Jul 7, 2005 at 11:12 am
    hrmm..i turned off my http proxy and things worked fine. Weird i
    have never had an issue before..thanks for the suggestion.

    Karanbir Singh wrote:
    William Warren wrote:
[...]

William Warren: 3 posts Karanbir Singh: 1 post