[Cassandra-user] two problems about opscenter 3.2

Yue.zhang
Jul 30, 2013 at 7:46 am
problem-1:
-------------
when I edit any “schema-> kespacke-> cf”,then report “Error saving column family: required argument is not a float”

problem-2:
-------------
from OpsCenter 3.2 release note(http://www.datastax.com/docs/opscenter/release_notes#opscenter-3-2), it tell me “Added support for CQL3 column families (limited Data Explorer support).”,but it not works.

The message below:

Viewing data in column families created with CQL3 is not currently supported. We recommend using one of the DataStax drivers or cqlsh as an alternative.

thx
-heipark
reply

  • Alain RODRIGUEZ at Jul 30, 2013 at 9:12 am
    I also have the following message in the dashboard :

    Error loading events: Cannot call method 'slice' of null

    With events and alerts not showing up. No error in the logs (opscenterd and
    agents)

    when I edit any “schema-> kespacke-> cf”,then report “Error saving column
    family: required argument is not a float”****

    ** **

    problem-2:****

    -------------****

    from OpsCenter 3.2 release note(
    http://www.datastax.com/docs/opscenter/release_notes#opscenter-3-2), it
    tell me “Added support for CQL3 column families (limited Data Explorer
    support).”,but it not works. ****

    ** **

    The message below:****

    ** **

    Viewing data in column families created with CQL3 is not currently
    supported. We recommend using one of the DataStax drivers or cqlsh as an
    alternative.****

    ** **

    ** **

    thx ****

    -heipark****
  • Alain RODRIGUEZ at Jul 30, 2013 at 9:24 am
    I also see "Waiting for agent information..." In the top of the dashboard
    page, but again nothing on the logs.

[...]

  • Aaron Morton at Jul 31, 2013 at 9:34 am
    You'll get better Ops Centre support on the DS site http://www.datastax.com/support-forums/

    cheers

    -----------------
    Aaron Morton
    Cassandra Consultant
    New Zealand

    @aaronmorton
    http://www.thelastpickle.com
[...]

  • Alain RODRIGUEZ at Jul 31, 2013 at 10:11 am
    Here is the pointer to the topic on the DS support forum.

    http://www.datastax.com/support-forums/topic/some-32-bugs-reported-in-the-c-user-ml

[...]

  • Yue.zhang at Aug 1, 2013 at 2:08 am
    thanks Alain

    I don’t know why not permited to create topic on datastax forum.

    2013/7/30 Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com I also have the following message in the dashboard :

[...]

  • Alain RODRIGUEZ at Aug 1, 2013 at 8:15 am
    You have to log in and then you can create topic only below some sections
    (opscenter, feedbacks, ...) if I remember well.