FAQ
I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand.  I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.  I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking.  Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
        <sshexec host="myMachine"
          username="myUser"
          keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
          passphrase=""
          command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
          trust="true"
          timeout="1800000"
          verbose="true"
        />
  [sshexec] main:
  [sshexec]   [sshexec]   [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL  [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
  [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
SEVERE: Exception :
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
 at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
 at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
 at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
 at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
 at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
 ... 78 more
Anyone have a clue?
Thanks,Eric

Search Discussions

  • Eric Fetzer at Feb 11, 2015 at 3:30 pm
    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another...  Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it?  I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace.  Makes no sense to me.

          On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


      I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand.  I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.  I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking.  Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
            <sshexec host="myMachine"
              username="myUser"
              keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
              passphrase=""
              command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
              trust="true"
              timeout="1800000"
              verbose="true"
            />
      [sshexec] main:
      [sshexec]   [sshexec]   [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL  [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
      [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
     at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
     at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
     at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
     at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
     at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
     ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric
  • Peter West at Feb 11, 2015 at 10:50 pm
    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Eric Fetzer at Feb 12, 2015 at 4:52 pm
    Here it is with a successful finish Peter:   [sshexec]   [sshexec] main:
      [sshexec]   [sshexec]   [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL  [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds     [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace.  Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left.  Thanks for responding!

          On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?"  Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another...  Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it?  I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace.  Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand.  I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.  I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking.  Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec]  [sshexec]  [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL  [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Peter West at Feb 13, 2015 at 12:40 am
    Hi Eric,

    I'm still confused. When you say there's one line left in the ant script, I assume you're talking about the calling script I assume also that the one line left is the "copy" task that you see reporting below.

    In your original post, the copy task doesn't get executed because of a failure in the _remote_ task, i.e. the sshexec. So is it the case that the remote task fails _sometimes_, giving the error trace you sent, and otherwise succeeds, giving the trace you have just posted?

    Also, where is the javascript being executed? This is a javascript security violation error that's being reported.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 2:46 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Here it is with a successful finish Peter: [sshexec] [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace. Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left. Thanks for responding!

    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Eric Fetzer at Feb 13, 2015 at 1:20 am
    Yes Peter, the one line left is in the calling ant script. When it returns from the sshexec, always returning with success, sometimes sshexec must be misinterpreting as failure. I'm not sure where that JavaScript is coming from, I assumed that was a part of the sshexec task itself.

    BTW, thanks for the table scraps, I assume my daughter is better now! ;0)
    On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Peter West wrote:

    Hi Eric,

    I'm still confused. When you say there's one line left in the ant script, I assume you're talking about the calling script I assume also that the one line left is the "copy" task that you see reporting below.

    In your original post, the copy task doesn't get executed because of a failure in the _remote_ task, i.e. the sshexec. So is it the case that the remote task fails _sometimes_, giving the error trace you sent, and otherwise succeeds, giving the trace you have just posted?

    Also, where is the javascript being executed? This is a javascript security violation error that's being reported.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 2:46 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Here it is with a successful finish Peter: [sshexec] [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace. Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left. Thanks for responding!

    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Martin Gainty at Feb 13, 2015 at 2:01 am
    any chance you can use putty scp to copy the item to remote server?

    http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter5.html

    copy the local file c:\documents\foo.txt to the server example.com as user fred to the file /tmp/foo you would type:

    pscp c:\documents\foo.txt fred@example.com:/tmp/foo


    if the connection is refused for that user/password combination then you'll know
    username/password is incorrect
    then use the same username/password in sshexec
    ?
    M-

    CC: user@ant.apache.org
    From: elstonkers@yahoo.com.invalid
    Subject: Re: sshexec
    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 20:18:31 -0500
    To: pbw@pbw.id.au

    Yes Peter, the one line left is in the calling ant script. When it returns from the sshexec, always returning with success, sometimes sshexec must be misinterpreting as failure. I'm not sure where that JavaScript is coming from, I assumed that was a part of the sshexec task itself.

    BTW, thanks for the table scraps, I assume my daughter is better now! ;0)
    On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Peter West wrote:

    Hi Eric,

    I'm still confused. When you say there's one line left in the ant script, I assume you're talking about the calling script I assume also that the one line left is the "copy" task that you see reporting below.

    In your original post, the copy task doesn't get executed because of a failure in the _remote_ task, i.e. the sshexec. So is it the case that the remote task fails _sometimes_, giving the error trace you sent, and otherwise succeeds, giving the trace you have just posted?

    Also, where is the javascript being executed? This is a javascript security violation error that's being reported.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 2:46 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Here it is with a successful finish Peter: [sshexec] [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace. Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left. Thanks for responding!

    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Peter West at Feb 13, 2015 at 2:01 am
    Someone who knows the codebase better than I do may choose to comment, but I can't imagine why a Java program with full access to the Javi API facilities would try to run a javascript script. From the look of the trace, the error is being reported bak to the sshexec process, so it's happening on the remote side. Your sshexec setup is invoking a bash script as a login with use ant. Because it's a login script, it will, I think, try to execute any .profile, .bash_profile, .bashrc, etc, and when it finishes, ti will execute any .bash_logout it finds.

    Try remote executing the ant task directly, without the intervening bash invocation. That is, instead of calling bash, call ant directly.

    Is your daughter Syro_Phoenician? In any case, I hope she is well now.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 11:18 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Yes Peter, the one line left is in the calling ant script. When it returns from the sshexec, always returning with success, sometimes sshexec must be misinterpreting as failure. I'm not sure where that JavaScript is coming from, I assumed that was a part of the sshexec task itself.

    BTW, thanks for the table scraps, I assume my daughter is better now! ;0)
    On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Peter West wrote:

    Hi Eric,

    I'm still confused. When you say there's one line left in the ant script, I assume you're talking about the calling script I assume also that the one line left is the "copy" task that you see reporting below.

    In your original post, the copy task doesn't get executed because of a failure in the _remote_ task, i.e. the sshexec. So is it the case that the remote task fails _sometimes_, giving the error trace you sent, and otherwise succeeds, giving the trace you have just posted?

    Also, where is the javascript being executed? This is a javascript security violation error that's being reported.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 2:46 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Here it is with a successful finish Peter: [sshexec] [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace. Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left. Thanks for responding!

    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
  • Eric Fetzer at Feb 17, 2015 at 10:38 pm
    I'm not exactly sure what's going on, the build won't error any more. I thought I'd resolved it by updating the timeout but it never took longer than 2 minutes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this to return.

    Hopefully all is well as with my Syro-Phoenician daughter! ;0). Thanks!
    On Feb 12, 2015, at 9:00 PM, Peter West wrote:

    Someone who knows the codebase better than I do may choose to comment, but I can't imagine why a Java program with full access to the Javi API facilities would try to run a javascript script. From the look of the trace, the error is being reported bak to the sshexec process, so it's happening on the remote side. Your sshexec setup is invoking a bash script as a login with use ant. Because it's a login script, it will, I think, try to execute any .profile, .bash_profile, .bashrc, etc, and when it finishes, ti will execute any .bash_logout it finds.

    Try remote executing the ant task directly, without the intervening bash invocation. That is, instead of calling bash, call ant directly.

    Is your daughter Syro_Phoenician? In any case, I hope she is well now.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 11:18 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Yes Peter, the one line left is in the calling ant script. When it returns from the sshexec, always returning with success, sometimes sshexec must be misinterpreting as failure. I'm not sure where that JavaScript is coming from, I assumed that was a part of the sshexec task itself.

    BTW, thanks for the table scraps, I assume my daughter is better now! ;0)
    On Feb 12, 2015, at 7:39 PM, Peter West wrote:

    Hi Eric,

    I'm still confused. When you say there's one line left in the ant script, I assume you're talking about the calling script I assume also that the one line left is the "copy" task that you see reporting below.

    In your original post, the copy task doesn't get executed because of a failure in the _remote_ task, i.e. the sshexec. So is it the case that the remote task fails _sometimes_, giving the error trace you sent, and otherwise succeeds, giving the trace you have just posted?

    Also, where is the javascript being executed? This is a javascript security violation error that's being reported.

    Peter West
    "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."
    On 13 Feb 2015, at 2:46 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    Here it is with a successful finish Peter: [sshexec] [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 9 seconds [copy] Copying 1 file to c:\BuildDeployScripts\dist\Logs\2.16.3.5-20150211-0807\output That's it, no stack trace. Once the sshexec finishes, there is only one more line of ant code left. Thanks for responding!

    On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:50 PM, Peter West wrote:

    I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out.
    What is it that you actually see, when you "see sshexec finish with a successful status?" Obviously it's no the return value.

    Where's the javascript happening, and what is it doing that causes a security violation?

    Peter West
    And he marvelled because of their unbelief.
    On 12 Feb 2015, at 1:20 am, Eric Fetzer wrote:

    OK, seems to work one time, fail another, work one time, fail another... Anyone even have a hint on how to trouble-shoot it? I already have sshexec set to verbose and that just gives the stack trace. Makes no sense to me.

    On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:36 PM, Eric Fetzer wrote:


    I'm running Ant 1.7 and having an issue I don't understand. I see sshexec finish with a successful status, then it gets back to the calling task and bombs out. I upped the timeout value and that seemed to work once, but not after that even though it's WAY over the value that the ssh command is taking. Here's the ssh task, and then the build output:
    <sshexec host="myMachine"
    username="myUser"
    keyfile="myUser_id_rsa"
    passphrase=""
    command="/bin/bash -l ant -f /my/folder/BuildMyApp.xml"
    trust="true"
    timeout="1800000"
    verbose="true"
    />
    [sshexec] main:
    [sshexec] [sshexec] [sshexec] BUILD SUCCESSFUL [sshexec] Total time: 1 minute 7 seconds
    [sshexec] Feb 10, 2015 1:25:02 PM org.apache.bsf.BSFManager exec
    SEVERE: Exception :
    java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:250)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(BSFManager.java:491)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner.executeScript(ScriptRunner.java:103)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Script.execute(Script.java:52)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MacroInstance.execute(MacroInstance.java:391)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doSequentialIteration(ForTask.java:259)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doToken(ForTask.java:268)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.doTheTasks(ForTask.java:299)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.ForTask.execute(ForTask.java:244)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:38)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:416)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask.execute(IfTask.java:197)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:134)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at net.sf.antcontrib.logic.TryCatchTask.execute(TryCatchTask.java:207)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:105)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1329)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1298)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1181)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:698)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:199)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
    Caused by: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    c:\BuildDeployScripts\build.xml:338: Remote command failed with exit status -1
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.handleError(JavaScriptEngine.java:195)
    at org.apache.bsf.engines.javascript.JavaScriptEngine.eval(JavaScriptEngine.java:147)
    at org.apache.bsf.util.BSFEngineImpl.exec(BSFEngineImpl.java:141)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(BSFManager.java:493)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
    ... 78 more
    Anyone have a clue?
    Thanks,Eric

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
    For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categoriesant
postedFeb 10, '15 at 9:38p
activeFeb 17, '15 at 10:38p
posts9
users4
websiteant.apache.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2018 Grokbase