Grokbase Groups Ant user October 2006
I using the following fileset in the PMD task and it appears to ignore
the dir and look for the includesfile in the directory that I am running
ant from. Has anybody else seen this?

<fileset dir="${pmd.dir}" >
<includesfile name="modified.java.files"/>
</fileset>

I have run it in debug mode and the fileset directory appears to be
correct and the file exist and is readable, but the error message does
not reflect the ${pmd.dir} dir setting.

Search Discussions

  • Peter Reilly at Oct 26, 2006 at 1:46 pm

    I using the following fileset in the PMD task and it appears to ignore
    the dir and look for the includesfile in the directory that I am running
    ant from.
    Not quite,
    the name is a File attribute and like most File Attributes, it
    is relative to the ${basedir} which by default is the location
    of the build file.
    Has anybody else seen this?

    <fileset dir="${pmd.dir}" >
    <includesfile name="modified.java.files"/>
    If you want modified.java.files to be relative to pmp.dir, you need
    to do:
    <includesfile name="${pmd.dir}/modified.java.files"/>

    Peter