Grokbase Groups Ant user March 2004
Hi, I have this ant script (hacked up from middlegen's) that mostly works
fine inside of eclipse and from the command line. I am using this to reverse
database to get java objects for hibernate. All was well (except for much
less verbsoity when run from the command line - must be something to do with
logging properties) until we added relations to the mysql 3 tables.

The script works fine when run under eclipse but fails when run from the
command line (when trying to get the relations). I can turn on -verbose and
-debug from the command line. How do I do this from within ant? Setting
ant.debug and ant.verbose to true did not help?

Anybody got a clue?

thanks

  • Darin Swanson at Mar 24, 2004 at 1:38 am
    So you are asking to programmatically set the message logging priority
    level?

    I believe you could get the listeners registered with the project
    (Project.getBuildListeners()), check which one was an instance of
    BuildLogger and then set the message output level (using
    BuildLogger.setMessageOutputLevel(int)) of the logger.

    HTH and maybe the experts will provide an easier way?
    Darins

    "Ray Tayek" <rtayek@freightgate.com>
    03/23/04 04:33 PM
    Please respond to "Ant Users List"

    Hi, I have this ant script (hacked up from middlegen's) that mostly works
    fine inside of eclipse and from the command line. I am using this to
    reverse
    database to get java objects for hibernate. All was well (except for much
    less verbsoity when run from the command line - must be something to do
    with
    logging properties) until we added relations to the mysql 3 tables.

    The script works fine when run under eclipse but fails when run from the
    command line (when trying to get the relations). I can turn on -verbose
    and
    -debug from the command line. How do I do this from within ant? Setting
    ant.debug and ant.verbose to true did not help?

    Anybody got a clue?

    thanks

  • Ray Tayek at Mar 25, 2004 at 12:22 am

    So you are asking to programmatically set the message logging priority
    level?

    No, I want to do it in the build.xml script (not within a java program).

    thanks
    "Ray Tayek" <rtayek@freightgate.com>
    03/23/04 04:33 PM
    Please respond to "Ant Users List"

    from inside ant or only from the command
    line?

    The script works fine when run under eclipse but fails when
    run from the command line (when trying to get the relations).
    I can turn on -verbose and debug from the command line.
    How do I do this from within
    ant? Setting ant.debug and ant.verbose to true did not help?...

  • Stefan Bodewig at Mar 24, 2004 at 6:44 am