Grokbase Groups Ant dev March 2010

i want to access a IBM DataPower xml management interface
from within ant to send status and configuration requests
via soap messages.
Has anyone experience with such a setting ?

@IBM site only has an article that uses curl and openssl
as external commands called with exec from ant =
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0904_rasmussen/0904_rasmussen.html
But i prefer a solution, where all tasks are running in jvm,
there are java apis for soap, f.e. JAX-WS 2.0 or Apache Axis

Are there any ant tasks in the wild for that purpose ?
Need to know which tools will do the job.
Some keywords =
http post, base64 encoding, soap, ssl, basic authentication

Any hints on that ?

Regards, Gilbert

  • Paul King at Mar 15, 2010 at 9:30 pm
    I'd probably use Groovy or whatever your favorite JVM scripting language is.
    Groovy-WS is the library you would need. It uses Apache CXF under the covers.
    If you have trouble getting started I can try to find one of my existing
    examples that does something similar.

    Cheers, Paul.
    i want to access a IBM DataPower xml management interface
    from within ant to send status and configuration requests
    via soap messages.
    Has anyone experience with such a setting ?

    @IBM site only has an article that uses curl and openssl
    as external commands called with exec from ant =
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0904_rasmussen/0904_rasmussen.html
    But i prefer a solution, where all tasks are running in jvm,
    there are java apis for soap, f.e. JAX-WS 2.0 or Apache Axis

    Are there any ant tasks in the wild for that purpose ?
    Need to know which tools will do the job.
    Some keywords =
    http post, base64 encoding, soap, ssl, basic authentication

    Any hints on that ?

    Regards, Gilbert

  • Gilbert Rebhan at Mar 15, 2010 at 10:02 pm