Grokbase Groups ActiveMQ dev May 2010
Hello

This is a call for a vote on the release of Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.3.0.

This version provides some much requested new feature like SSL support
and support for the QueueBrowser.

Changes in this version include:

* Fully implemented QueueBrowser functionality.
* Ability to specify the socket binding on the URI
* SSL Transport to provide secure connections.
* Other bug fixes for issues found since v1.2.0

The binaries and source bundles for the Release Candidate can be found
here:
<http://people.apache.org/~tabish/nms-1.3.0-RC1/>

The Wiki Page for this release is here:
<http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-net-130-release.html>

Please cast your votes (the vote will be open for 72 hrs):

[ ] +1 Release the source as Apache NMS.ActiveMQ 1.3.0

Here's my +1

Regards,
Tim

Search Discussions

  • Dejan Bosanac at May 18, 2010 at 11:43 am
    +1

    Cheers

    Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

[...]

  • Jim Gomes at May 19, 2010 at 7:03 am
    +1
[...]

  • Gary Tully at May 19, 2010 at 10:18 am
    +1

    <http://people.apache.org/~tabish/nms-1.3.0-RC1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Etabish/nms-1.3.0-RC1/>

    --
    http://blog.garytully.com

    Open Source Integration
    http://fusesource.com
  • Hiram Chirino at May 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm
    +1
[...]

    Hiram

    Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

    Open Source SOA
    http://fusesource.com/
  • Magellings at May 19, 2010 at 2:52 pm
    Would like to run this version through our unit tests as well as our stress
    tests but can't. It's built against a version of the base NMS of which you
    didn't distribute. To avoid this in the future we should consider bundling
    all dependent assemblies into an ext_bin or lib directory residing in the
    Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ solution. Then commit them to source so the product can
    always be compiled. Then testers can just download the source and they'd
    have the base NMS dll.

    Error 1 Assembly 'Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ, Version=1.3.0.1962, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618' uses 'Apache.NMS, Version=1.3.0.1959,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618' which has a higher version
    than referenced assembly 'Apache.NMS, Version=1.3.0.1955, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618'
    c:\WIP\quadnmsv1_3\ext_bin\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.dll NMS

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

  • Timothy Bish at May 19, 2010 at 3:15 pm

    Would like to run this version through our unit tests as well as our stress
    tests but can't. It's built against a version of the base NMS of which you
    didn't distribute. To avoid this in the future we should consider bundling
    all dependent assemblies into an ext_bin or lib directory residing in the
    Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ solution. Then commit them to source so the product can
    always be compiled. Then testers can just download the source and they'd
    have the base NMS dll.

    Error 1 Assembly 'Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ, Version=1.3.0.1962, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618' uses 'Apache.NMS, Version=1.3.0.1959,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618' which has a higher version
    than referenced assembly 'Apache.NMS, Version=1.3.0.1955, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=82756feee3957618'
    c:\WIP\quadnmsv1_3\ext_bin\Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.dll NMS
    You can download the NMS API release binaries from here:

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

  • Magellings at May 19, 2010 at 4:24 pm
    I ended up downloading it from trunk and compiled the version myself.

    I did run into an exception. Reported here:
    https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-251

    -1

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

  • Magellings at May 19, 2010 at 4:35 pm
    Hey Tim. I downloaded NMS 1.3 from your link and didn't run into the
    exception mentioned here. So official should be okay, but something is up
    with trunk. You can still run the console attached in issue 251 to see it.

    So I'll take back the -1. Our unit and integration tests all passed as
    expected. I'll be running this through our stress tests now.

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

  • Timothy Bish at May 19, 2010 at 5:33 pm

    Hey Tim. I downloaded NMS 1.3 from your link and didn't run into the
    exception mentioned here. So official should be okay, but something is up
    with trunk. You can still run the console attached in issue 251 to see it.

    So I'll take back the -1. Our unit and integration tests all passed as
    expected. I'll be running this through our stress tests now.
    Ok, will see if I can replicate it once I have some free time. If any
    of these can be distilled down to NUnit tests it would be good to do it
    that way so we can incorporate them into the test suite to avoid any
    regressions.

    I regards to the dependencies issues you had what I would like to do in
    future releases is include the dependencies in the associated binary
    archive instead of forcing people to go find the right versions,
    probably something we can do in 1.4.0.

    Regards

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

    Tim Bish

    My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
  • Magellings at May 20, 2010 at 8:49 pm
    Did thorough regression testing. We have a framework (QuadNMS) that sits on
    top of the NMS framework. All our unit and integration tests passed as I
    mentioned before. So that's good.

    Our stress tests did not. Our stress tests are noted in the following issue
    along with an attached console application and how to replicate the problem.
    We didn't run into any problems running these stress tests with v1.1 of the
    provider.

    https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-252

    I predict it will take a lot of work to determine the root cause of the
    problem here due to the nature of the sophistication of the stress test.
    Therefore I'm not voting negatively as I don't want to hold up this release
    if the community is waiting for it. Albeit we would not use this version in
    production until we determined the root cause.

    -Mark

    Timothy Bish wrote:
[...]

  • Rob Davies at May 19, 2010 at 3:02 pm
[...]

  • Timothy Bish at May 21, 2010 at 3:13 pm
    Results of the NMS.ActiveMQ 1.3.0 vote:

    Vote passes with 6 +1 and no other votes.

    The following votes were received:

    Timothy Bish
    Dejan Bosanac
    Rob Davies
    Jim Gomes
    Gary Tully
    Hiram Chirino

    I'll start pushing out the release bundles and update the Wiki today.

    Regards

    --
    Tim Bish

    My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/