Grokbase Groups Turbine user May 2003

[Turbine-user] Testing -- Cactus v EasyMock

Chris K Chew
May 29, 2003 at 4:56 pm

From: brian janaszek
What framework have people had the best luck with?
Around here we use Junit and HttpUnit with much success. Using a Junit base
test case that starts Turbine, we can easily test OM classes, services, and
screen classes. Templates and the User-experience as a whole is tested with
HttpUnit through http and the actual container. Some people have been using
Canoo Webtest in lieu of HttpUnit, which seems like a pretty cool package.

We have looked into cactus a few times, but fail see where it will pay
off -- we can already test Turbine facilities with straight junit, and
httpunit allows us to actually test container compatibility.

Chris