[Turbine-user] A database-based forms reports tool

Colin Chalmers
Mar 22, 2003 at 7:02 am
On the topic of Intake :-)

I've got a problem where I have to have many objects of the same type in one
page.
Is anyone doing this and can give some tips as to how to achieve it? I need
to access the page with (mostly) default values, number of objects is
variable but of same type.

Up until now I've only had to deal with say one or a couple of differing
objects in one page. Which I've got my head round pretty well.

Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris K Chew" <chris@fenetics.com>
To: "Turbine Users List" <turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 6:20 PM
Subject: RE: complex objects in forms

From: Jeffery Painter

This is it exactly... your example for Customer -> shippingAddress is
exactly what I'm after... our customer records can have many
addresses and
was trying to figure out a good way to seperate this out.

It will take me a day or so to wrap my head around this methodology but
I'm sure it will be worth it.

I would be willing to write up a some documentation of my experience
combined with the facade technique to add to the turbine docs
when I'm finished.
Hi Jeff.

Yeah, we use the facade trick all the time.

Unbelievably, I didn't have a section for this on the Wiki User's Guide
Outline. I just added one in the Intake section, hopefully you will add
your knowledge as you progress:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaTurbine2UsersGuide

Thanks,

Chris