[Turbine-dev] Coding Conventions

Colin Chalmers
Apr 25, 2003 at 5:21 am

I have a couple of questions regarding the coding conventions
1. Across in AvalonProject I see that use is made of the final word for
method parameters such as
private void foo (final String foo1, final String foo2)
Is this something that should be adopted for Turbine?
Any real reason for this? Besides "cosmetics"?
Here's the answer I got from Avalon newsgroup when I posted the same
question a while ago

<snip>
It is generally recomended that pass-by-value parameters to methods are not
reassigned in the method/function body because it can cause uneeded
complexity when reading code. The advantage of using final to mark these
parameters is that it enforces this rule.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

</snip>