[Turbine-dev] IntakeService

Colin Chalmers
Apr 23, 2003 at 7:37 pm
Hi Quinton,

Thx for your reply.

1. As far as the FileValidator goes where & when is it used? It's not
totally clear to me.
2. I'll probably try to deprecate the IntegerValidator since the
NumberValidator should be suffice.

Colin

Hi all,

Looking through the Intake/validator package I came across a
few things
which are not totally clear to me.

1. What's the difference between DefaultValidator &
FileValidator? They look
quite similiar to me.
They are basically the same except that the FileValidator has no "mask"
validation. It had to be a separate class because the actual object
being passed in was not a String.
2. Is there a need for both NumberValidator & IntegerValidator?
Probabley not. I think the intent here was to provide a base class for
various number types. However, I can't really see much value in it.
3. Shouldn't part of DefaultValidator actually be called
StringValidator?
I don't think so. The DefaultValidator does deal with Strings but that
is because data passed to it from the URL will always be a String. This
is why all of the validators extend DefaultValidator except for the
FileValidator.
New class decreasing size of DefaultValidator.
4. Should we be looking at deprecating NumberKeyValidator? Yes.
Colin