[Turbine-dev] A Torque independent Turbine...

Colin Chalmers
Apr 15, 2003 at 6:12 pm
There have been discussions in the past concerning replacing the existing
scheduler for something else such as Quartz, which is what Plexus is using.

What are the thoughts on this front? Or are there other issues that should
be resolved before going down that road (like PK issue?). Would it not be
possible to merge the present Quartz Plexus implementation into Turbine?

Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Poeschl" <mpoeschl@marmot.at>
To: "Turbine Developers List" <turbine-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 6:58 PM
Subject: RE: A Torque independent Turbine...

That is definitly a goal. The first part was decoupling Torque. The
second
(and biggest job) is to make the scheduler service and the security
service
be able to take a pluggable OM model.

Currently, if you use the scheduler or database security services, then
you MUST use torque.

I think if you are looking for a place to start, the scheduler is a good
candidate!
first of all we have to replace NumberKey and other torque specific stuff
TurbineNonPersistentSchedulerService is almost torque independent
Eric Pugh