[Turbine-dev] More deprecations in the security Service

Colin Chalmers
Apr 9, 2003 at 7:46 am
If we want to go down this road shouldn't/couldn't we utilise JAAS?

/c

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning P. Schmiedehausen
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 9:41 AM
To: turbine-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: More deprecations in the security Service

EPugh@upstate.com writes:
Do you have a lot of other deprecations/changes to the security service? I
am working on a Decorator class for the security that validates a user
against NT. So, a user would log in with the username "cville\epugh" and
the decorator would first check that in the domain "cville" there is a user
"epugh" and then if so, then allow the regular security service to
continue.

This does sound a little complicated. I was, BTW thinking about
"stacking" security services, too (but in another context). Maybe we
should think pipeline here, too.

But getting an "NT Security Service" would be cool. :-)

Regards
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen INTERMETA GmbH
hps@intermeta.de +49 9131 50 654 0 http://www.intermeta.de/

freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development -- hero for hire