[Tomcat-users] Struts vs JSF (poll?)

Frank W. Zammetti
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:33 pm
On Tue, August 26, 2008 1:09 pm, David Whitehurst wrote:
-snip-
But, at the same time I think
development managers and architects need to choose the best framework
and then tell the newly hired developers that this is what we're
using. You, the developer, either accept the choice or not. We can't
all be chiefs.
I'm in the architect/manager boat myself these days, so I'd be crazy to
*not* agree :) I've seen though what happens when you play the "ivory
tower" game and just come down the hill with the stone tablets that say
"this is what we're doing". Everyone has to have a say IMO... even if
some of those opinions don't carry as much weight as others (having your
opinion carry more weight is one of the perks of moving up the ladder
after all).

But at the end of the day, sure, it's us at the top that have to make the
decisions and be responsible for them however they turn out, and anyone
that doesn't want to be onboard can go disagree with someone elsewhere.
And, if it's JSF, I'm firing the first one that tells me that Struts
is better. I think like the businessman now. We're all here to write
software and once the architecture is chosen, "debate's over boys!".
I would hope you wouldn't fire them JUST for disagreeing :) So long as
they can disagree and still abide by the decision I can live with it.
Struts2 for me. I had to vote, LOL :-)
Sure... and I have no doubt it does the job nicely for you.
David Whitehurst
Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti