Grokbase Groups Struts user June 2009

[Struts-user] opening a popup window from Action Class

Frank W. Zammetti
Jun 11, 2009 at 3:14 pm
I assume you're referring specifically to the AJAX option outlined on that
page... in that case, I have to admit I've never dealt with that scenario
so I'm not certain... but, wouldn't just escaping quotes in the response
on the server-side do the trick? That would ensure the JavaScript doesn't
break, which I think is the only real consideration because I'd expect the
browser to handle the content regardless of what what charset it uses once
it's opened in the new window.

I may be very wrong of course :)

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Author of "Practical Ext JS Projects with Gears" (coming soon)