[Struts-user] Refreshing image with AJAX request

Frank W. Zammetti
Sep 25, 2008 at 4:15 pm

On Thu, September 25, 2008 12:07 pm, Manos Batsis wrote:
Exactly, thus an XMLHttpRequest can be used update an image in two ways:

* The image URL can be passed as information to the HTTP response,
wrapped in XML or not (i.e. XMLHttpRequest.responseText). That can be
used to update an image.
Absolutely, but that doesn't quite do the same thing as updating the image
as a result of the Ajax request.
* The actual image data can be encoded in base64 and sent in an XML
envelope obtained by an XMLHttpRequest. The base64 string can then be
used with the data: URI scheme[1] to render the image.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data:_URI_scheme
Very interesting, I have to admit I wasn't aware of that, thanks for that
info! No support in IE unfortunately, so may not be as useful (right now)
as one might like, but still very interesting stuff.
Cheers,

Manos
Frank

--