[Struts-dev] Struts2 JSF Integration Proposal

Dakota Jack
Aug 9, 2006 at 4:20 am
Does anyone notice what is happening here?
On 8/8/06, Don Brown wrote:

Sounds reasonable. Open up a JIRA ticket and attach the patch, and I'll
apply it.

Don

Chris Waring wrote:
Don Brown-2 wrote:
3) Should we add the capability to configure the JSF application,
phase
listeners, etc. from within the Struts config? How far do we go with
this?
I'm not sure that we would want to allow navigation, validation, and
the
like to be configured using the Struts config?
I'd say no for now, but if we move to a more extensible XSD-based XML
format later on, it might be interesting to combine them.
What about just adding a couple of paramaters to the
FacesSetupInterceptor
for the heavily used things like VariableResolver, MessageBundle,
ViewHandler and maybe ActionListener (although I don't think many people
change this one)?

The config might look something like this:
<interceptor-ref name="jsfApplicationSetup">
<param name="actionListener"></param>
<param name="defaultRenderKitId"></param>
<param name="localeConfig"></param>
<param name="messageBundle"></param>
<param name="navigationHandler"></param>
<param name="propertyResolver"></param>
<param name="stateManager"></param>
<param name="variableResolver"></param>
<param
name="viewHandler">org.apache.shale.tiles.TilesViewHandler</param>
</interceptor-ref>

The FacesSetupInterceptor Code could then check the parameter variables to
see that they are not null, create the requested class and set the class on
the JSF application object using the appropriate setter.

--Chris