Grokbase Groups Struts dev June 2006

[Struts-dev] [PROPOSAL] Rename Struts Action as Struts

Dakota Jack
Jun 30, 2006 at 6:25 am
Heh, yah, almost like real versioning, eh?
On 6/28/06, Paul Benedict wrote:

My two cents: I am okay with 1.x and 2.x numbering. It doesn't bother me.
I look at them in terms of generations; different people who can live
together in one family (webapp).

Michael Jouravlev wrote: In this case we are returning
to a half-year old situation, that is,
Struts 2 is a new crown holder of a single unified project. Consider
the announcements like this:

"Struts team is proud to announce immediate availability of Struts 2.0
as a next version of popular Struts framework. New features include
... "

and then:

"Struts team releases Struts 1.4, the next version of popular Struts
framework. New features include ... "

Things have not got simpler after divorce :)

I suppose that having Struts 2 as the next version works for you. But
I afraid that it does not work well for those who think about
releasing new versions of 1.x codebase.

So, maybe Win9x vs. WinNT is not that bad idea after all? And look at
them now, united. Now not only former NT users wait for Vista, but
former 9x users too :-))