Grokbase Groups Struts dev June 2006

[Struts-dev] Does Struts really need two frameworks? (long)

Dakota Jack
Jun 22, 2006 at 10:45 am
What is the problem? Who caused it? Bingo! Eureka?
On 6/21/06, Don Brown wrote:

Paul Benedict wrote:
I don't see the point in bundling Shale into a "Struts 2.0"
distribution. No
offense to anyone who develops Shale, but when we have packages called
"action2", it makes it pretty clear Shale is not Struts 2.0 -- only the action
framework. Separate frameworks, imo, get different names and
distributions. I am
not offended Shale is within the Struts community, but I do not see it as the
torch bearer to the name Struts -- I do see that with the AF, which
historically
holds the name.
Again, Struts Action and Struts Shale would both retain their separate
projects,
codebases, and release cycles. Struts 2.0 is about building something on
top of
our Struts efforts to create a unified front to users. Users don't care
about
all the little projects, subprojects, and libraries we have; I think they
just
want something to help them build webapps - they want Struts 2.0. And as
committer, PMC member and Struts user, I want it too.

Don