Roland Mainz wrote:
2010/7/18 Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith@oracle.com>:
C. Bergstr?m wrote:
of things that need open source replacements:

more

I'd be tempted to just "ln -s less more", but then I setenv PAGER less myself.

sed
tail
printf

I believe the ksh93 project has replacements available for these. Have you
contacted them?
We have more utilities covered:
"od"
"pax"
"tail"
"tr"
All implementing the current SUSv4 specification (except "tr -C" which
is currently being tested) and passing the VSC testsuite by _default_,
e.g. a newer standard than the one on Solaris 11 right now (e.g. this
partially would go into /usr/xpg8/bin), no GNU-like POSIXLY_CORRECT
required and we outrun the GNU stuff on a one-by-one performace
comparisation by a wide margin.
This is great.. Roland.. I'd like to work with you to get your latest
stuff pushed to OSUNIX.. We are slowly trying to move stuff from
/usr/xpg* to /usr/bin since a lot of people just adjust their path that
way for building/working..

Also for performance tuning (not to mix threads too much), but you made
some comments about optimized math libs and if suncc won't do what you
need lets discuss options with PathScale community version. We may not
be able to spend much time on it, but will consider *every* way we can
to squeeze out more performance for kernel or userland..
----

Bye,
Roland

P.S.: We're likely getting our 2nd baby this week, we may be suddently
offline for a few days this week...
Congrats!..

grouposunix-dev @
categoriesopensolaris