Joerg Schilling wrote:
Alan Coopersmith wrote:

patch

I think GNU patch (which is the descendant of the original Larry Wall patch)
is the only sane choice here - it's what /usr/bin/patch points to in OpenSolaris
now, after many many years of customers complaining our patch was incompatible
with many patch files in the wild.
gnu patch is incompatible to POSIX patch
To intentionally open a can of worms here.. GNU patch on osunix was
moved to /usr/bin.. I dont' know if it's POSIX compliant, but I can say
that's the route we went.. I'm happy to revise it if other feature-rich
tools were available. I think despite my own philosophical beliefs GNU
patch is what a lot of people coming to OSUNIX/OpenSolaris would like to
see..

grouposunix-dev @
categoriesopensolaris
postedJul 18, '10 at 12:17p